Question on mixing Nutrients

Danny Hoo

silly question here...i'm starting my 1st grow using general hydro nutrients..using maxigro on 2 plants and picked up a general organics grow box,for other 2 plants..question is..i mixed up a gallon each,the instructions say use w/in 1 hour,but i didn't use all of the mixed nutrients,should i dump it? is it still good to use next time or can/should i use in my greenhouse,i grow veggies in winter? any help,greatly appreciated..thanks

I often have extra, and use it within a day or two with no issues. If you have a pH or ppm tester, use them beforehand to make sure the levels haven't changed 'overnight' and you'll be fine. If you're worried, it may be a good idea to have a large bucket to dump your extra nute mix into, and put an air-stone it in with an air-pump to keep it circulating, but for small amounts, that's not necessary...

EDIT:

On second thought, don't use an airstone to circulate unused nute solution... it may be handy to keep a large bucket of plain water this way though... and use it day to day to mix up a nute solution with.

Use within one hour?!?!?!

Really? I don't have experience with exactly what you're using, but, an hour? OMG! If I were restricted to an hour I'd be hosed. I hand water and keep nutes (GH 3 part) for days on end at times in the rez adjusting ph when necessary.

Think of hydro guys changing nutes once a week or so.

If I were restricted to an hour for pretty much anything in life, it'd fail. I could eat a peach for hours. hahahahaha.

:high-five:

it kinda took me back a little..but,thats what it says on the box.."use w/in a hour of mixing..." maybe for growing hydro,doesn't matter?
i grow most my veggies in my greenhouse,i have stuff mixed up all the time..just always give it a shake and away i go...never think twice....i've never used anything in growing weed except kelp..this is a first,in any event i'm going w/what i mixed already,because it really perked them up..thanks

Back
Top Bottom