Question on when to use fox farm pruducts during vegging

mush182002

Hey guys, ive got a little cfl setup. You can see pics on my threads if you like.

Sprouting 2 nirvana papayas in fox farm ocean forest organic. I put a bottom layer of perlite to help with air and drainage. IN addition, ive mixed the fox farm soil with perlite and vermiculite. My question is. how long can my 2 day old babies thrive in the foxfarm soil before I use the grow big and big bloom ferts made by fox farm? It says on fox farms growth chart to begin using within 1 week, then in second week of veggin, add both products??? Dont wanna over fert and get nute burm if im already using fox farm soil

Let me tell ya...Fox Farms Ocean Forest is THE BOMB! Don't know what I've been doing all these years.

Anywho...start ferts at about 4 weeks...take it easy until you transplant, then build up to full strength. You don't need so much cuz you're CFL and they won't grow as fast as HID.

I didn't wait very long for my fox farm grow big nutes. Second watering after they had two sets of fan leaves, and they were gettin fed. Everything turned out great, and they're growin like weeds...:hmmmm: check 'em out in my grow journal
Peace
Stikee

I use Fox Farm exclusively now. I've been adding Grow Big around the 3-4 week mark, but I've added as early as 10 days with slight burn and 15 days w/o issues. I grow hydro though, so I don't know how much help this'll be. But now I usually start out with 1 tsp for a 5 gallon container and gradually increase. Thats like .2 per gallon, lower than the recommended, but I haven't had a burn issue since, nor a deficiency.
Akorn sounds on the money because alot of growers advise 4 weeks and you're right, that fox farm ocean soil is supposed to be really good and self sufficient up until that time. It'll probably come down to are you more worried about 1. Burning your plants or 2. Pushing the boundaries of their feeding for max potential. But then different strains like heavy or light feedings too. So Many Variables!!! lol. Thats why this is so fun. So many ways to eat a Reeses

Back
Top Bottom