Question PMed to me

Thepurplem0nkey

Thought id post a question someone PM'ed to me, since many could benefit from the answer.

Sup, I read that you are a medical marijuana user, and I was wondering what kind of doctor would I go to to discuss medical ? I don'thave a family doctor or any doctor that I personally know, so i'm rally not sure who I would go talk to. I was just hoping you'd be able to help, if not it's cool thanks anyways, and merry christmas

Well, id be glad to answer your questions. First off, you need to look into weather or not med pot is legal in your state. If you live in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawii, Maine, Maryland, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont, or Washington, then your state has decriminalized the medicincal use of Marijuana.
Since the person who sent me the question is from Colordao, ill post some stuff off of NORML's web page (www.norml.com is a good place for some research on med pot if you are interested). COlorados met pot laws; It removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who possess written documentation from their physician affirming that he or she suffers from a debilitating condition and advising that they "might benefit from the medical use of marijuana." (Patients must possess this documentation prior to an arrest.) Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: cachexia; cancer; chronic pain; chronic nervous system disorders; epilepsy and other disorders characterized by seizures; glaucoma; HIV or AIDS; multiple sclerosis and other disorders characterized by muscle spasticity; and nausea. Other conditions are subject to approval by the Colorado Board of Health.
I highlighted two important phrases. According to Colorado's med pot laws (similar to California's now that I look at it), if you suffer from any type of chronic pain, which COULD result from bad menstrul cramps to an old sports injury or car accident, or perhaps you may suffer from depression or social anxiety or ADD...all of those would qualify you as ELIGIBLE for medical pot under your states laws, since they all are chronic pains. I happen to suffer from a corenal disease, and besides constant headaches and extreme sensitivity to light, I get extremely NAUSEAUS when light (especially sunlight and flourecants) get itno my eyes. Under colorado law, I would be eligible for med pot. If you have ulcers, or something that makes you feel sick, chronicaly, you too would be covered by COlorados med pot laws.
I point thee facts out because its important for people to realise that medical marijauan is not some out of reach goal that is allowed ONLY for CERTAIN people with pain, or for people on their death beds (although that is the case with SOME med pot laws in some states), but is there to alleviate PAIN, of any type. I dont believe it's for me or anyone to say how much one persons pain compares to another. If you feel marijauna relieves pain in any way, then I feel you should be allowed to use it, and you are no different than a cancer patient who ALSO uses it to relieve some type of pain or another. I dont see it as abusing the law, I see it as an alternative remedy to alleivate pain, on any scale, for anyone who wants to.
So with all that info, I can actualy answer your questions directly. If you feel you qhave a condition that would qualify you for medical marijuana, then the first thing you need to do is locate a practitioner to give you a diagnosis of your condition. In other words, if you feel you have depression, then you need to seek the appropriate medical professionals and get a professional diagnosis as to weather or not you are depressed or not. If you have an old sports injury, you need to get records from the hospital. If you have back pain or something like that, see a doctor and get a diagnosis. Whatever you tell the doctor, they will write down on your medical chart. If you say, for example, "My back is sore after playing football", the doctor will write "Lower back pain, physical sports injury" or something along those lines. Whatever you suffer chronic pain from, tell the doctor and get a copy of your chart at the end of the visit.
YOu can either do two things at this point. If the doctor confirms that you have some condition that is chronic, you may ask if he/she would recomend the medical use of marijuana to treat your ailments. However, since many practitioners are afriad of the feds interfearing with them, most family practitioners will not recomend such a new (well, thousands of years old really), and thanks to government propoganda, taboo alternative treatment. YOur best bet would be to take your documentation that shows evidence of your condition to a doctor that specializes in medical pot recomendations. You can find these on the web with a bit of research (remeber, NORMLS is a great place to start). If your documentation demonstrates you suffer from <insert here> and he/she thinks medical marijuana will help (and if you suffer from any type of pain and its documented, you will be given a recomendation) then you wil be given a recomendation.
Hope this was helpful.
-PM

Back
Top Bottom