Questions about LST

The123321

I am new to growing. I have 2 auto plants that are 24 days from seed that I started doing LST on last week. I first tied the main stem down to the back of the pot then like every 2 days after that I have been trying to tie the main stem in a circle around the pot by tying the main stem as it gets a little longer every 2 days around the side of the pot. Is that how you do LST? Do you keep tying the main stem around the outside edge of the pot or am I doing it wrong? Is the goal to try to circle the outside edge of the pot with the main stem or do you only tie the main stem the first time then wait a few days until different stems are taller then tie them down on there?

I have watched videos on youtube and the videos I found look like they have what you do with the first tie down and then what it looks like at the end but I have not really found anything for the middle of the LST the steps between the first tie down and when you finish the LST work on there.

Can you take some pictures and post them? I've never grown auto's but I believe people will tie the main stem down which allows the little nodes below to get light so they grow up towards the light, then you gradually tie those down as they grow longer to promote horizontal growth and create the most bud sites as possible.

Check out the thread below on LST. Lots of good info. It's how I did mine last grow and how I'll do it again this grow.

Check out the thread below on LST. Lots of good info. It's how I did mine last grow and how I'll do it again this grow.

Thanks. I am trying to find out the part between the 2nd image and the 3rd image. The 2nd through like 8th tie down and how they pick what and where to tie between the first tie and a few ties later when individual branches are long enough to tie on there.

It’s kinda up to you where you pin it down, I just wing it. The LST I performed on my plant, I ended up try to keep each node on the side of the stalk. Nothing top and bottom. Ended up like a corkscrew. Here’s a picture of her bones.
3222DC71-D987-48B4-A1B2-D81379AEF2E1.jpeg

Thanks. That is similar to what I did but mine is a little farther out to the edge of the pot. I will take images tomorrow when I water the plants to upload on there.

Back
Top Bottom