Questions on Developing Seeds for Stock

PeterDaily

I want to take what ever i recieve; i.e. 4 seeds of the same strain; and mate them.

What i am afraid of however is the possibility of the offspring not being consistent.

I know this sounds silly but from all the stuff i read on these forums, what im gathering is that the 2nd generation of offspring will show radical phenos, but i want to have a collection of seeds with constant phenos.

Can anyone help me resolve what i might possibly be making more complicated.

These are the strains i am thinking of preserving.

Blueberry(Dutch Passion)
White Russian(Serious)
Ak-47(Serious)
White Widow(White Label)
Bubble Gum(THSeeds and Serious)
Lavender(Soma)
Chronic(Serious)
Northern Lights5xHaze-Sensi

Any tips from past experience? Like i said, i plan on getting at least 4 of each and have the same strains mate with each other. Just wondering if this is a smart move.

Thanks guys

should i post this question in another section?

Debatable, but I found your thread, lol.

Just letting a male plant pollinate a female plant is not breeding. Well... Not in the traditional sense of the term. Unless your strains are IBL (and I don't believe that they are), you're seeds could have a lot of variation.

When you've got a basic question, always check the "basic" (not necessarily - there is some info in them that people that have been growing for a while might not know) forums on this site:
How to Grow Marijuana
Frequently Asked Questions

Without even using the site's Search function (it's under the Forums tab at the top left, and you can search only in a specific forum if you like so as to avoid 500 grow journals in your search results) I found this thread:
Breeding for Beginers(sic): Create Your very own strain!

And of course there is the Mega-FAQ (which is actually kind of an index for that forum), How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!. It has a link to the thread I mentioned in the previous paragraph. Also links to several more threads under its Breeding and Breeding Strategies sections. Including information on back-crossing, stabilizing strains, phenotype variation, explanations of the terms F1, F2, F3, IBL, et cetera, and selfing.

I don't mind answering questions, but always be sure to check those two forums. You'll probably find far more information than I or another would be able to provide in just one short post and you don't have to wait on a reply.

Hope this helps!

i does help. i was just looking for a quick YES or NO answer. I already checked out the 'main FAQ' but it looks like ima have to do some more digging.

thx!

Back
Top Bottom