Rainwater: Do you use it? If not why?

Growdad420

So here is my deal... I always call rain God's juice because when it rains all the plants outside come to life.. now... On the subject of some weed, does anyone use it? If so, do you bother Ph testing it?

I have heard others say they give it straight away to the plants and they love it. Now, I am not talking about collecting off the roof, but in glass containers.

I want to know what everyone thinks... its free, its been used for thousands of years, so you cant prevent it on an outdoor grow... so what do you all say my friends?

Is there a downside? I can not seem to pinpoint.. unless you live in some smog infested city... Fire one up and let me hear ya! :lot-o-toke::blunt:

Rain water ftw - no need to pH test your results will confuse you. There's a lot to it but trust me you dont need to worry about it.

Be aware if you are collecting look if there are trees overhead. Our last home we had sycamore trees they had antracnose (disease). I was collecting rain water that the infected leaves got into the rain gutters. I used the water and my plants got sick I hadda cull everything and start over. Lesson learned. But not overhead trees you're good to go.

Our new place I leave a trailer for my tractor out it collects plenty of water and no infected trees around. Good to go plants happy.

Rain water ftw - no need to pH test your results will confuse you. There's a lot to it but trust me you dont need to worry about it.

Be aware if you are collecting look if there are trees overhead. Our last home we had sycamore trees they had antracnose (disease). I was collecting rain water that the infected leaves got into the rain gutters. I used the water and my plants got sick I hadda cull everything and start over. Lesson learned. But not overhead trees you're good to go.

Our new place I leave a trailer for my tractor out it collects plenty of water and no infected trees around. Good to go plants happy.
Was going to say the same type thing- I collected from my rain gutters (in WA under trees) and it gave my indoor plants root rot.
Great free resource but not all rainwater is created or collected equally ;)

Am an collecting. From the clear sky overhead into glass Mason jars. I did pH test it and it was 7.3 I was curious. No trees over head just good old tropical storm rain.

test it again... it should drop down to 5ish over time. The PPMs are zero so there's nothing to give the water any pH or potential hydrogen other than exposure to air. Our atmosphere has a small amount of sulfuric acid in it and that is what makes rain water slightly acidic.
Completely normal.

Back
Top Bottom