Ratios of ingredients

Shadowcat1953

420 Member
Greetings;

I am new to the group, but in my third year of MMJ, and forty-something year of recreational use.

My MMJ is allowed due to 'severe degenerative disc disease' and 'severe degenerative stenosis' in my 'C' section.

I bonged for years. My preferred 'infusion'. Additionally I user a 'vape' device. My unit does not do well over 380º F, so I am losing some of the chemistry.

My question is... Is there enough THCV, percentage-wise, to make it worth the BURNING, which also produces carbon monoxide and methane, as opposed to not getting that last bit of nectar when 'vaping'.

If, for example, 30% or 40% of the purpose of using cannabis is for the THCV, then smoking is probably a viable consideration. But if only 5% or 10% of what one gets is THCV, then perhaps the health advantage of 'vape' is worth missing out on that small amount of THCV.

I am not so much concerned about the other 'high temperature' substances, cannabichromene (AKA CBC) or Cannabigerol (AKA CBG), as they are not the 'painkiller, euphoria' compounds.

Am I making any sense?

Thanks in advance.

(=^..^=)

Shadowcat1953

Greetings;

I am new to the group, but in my third year of MMJ, and forty-something year of recreational use.

My MMJ is allowed due to 'severe degenerative disc disease' and 'severe degenerative stenosis' in my 'C' section.

I bonged for years. My preferred 'infusion'. Additionally I user a 'vape' device. My unit does not do well over 380º F, so I am losing some of the chemistry.

My question is... Is there enough THCV, percentage-wise, to make it worth the BURNING, which also produces carbon monoxide and methane, as opposed to not getting that last bit of nectar when 'vaping'.

If, for example, 30% or 40% of the purpose of using cannabis is for the THCV, then smoking is probably a viable consideration. But if only 5% or 10% of what one gets is THCV, then perhaps the health advantage of 'vape' is worth missing out on that small amount of THCV.

I am not so much concerned about the other 'high temperature' substances, cannabichromene (AKA CBC) or Cannabigerol (AKA CBG), as they are not the 'painkiller, euphoria' compounds.

Am I making any sense?

Thanks in advance.

(=^..^=)

Shadowcat1953

What a great question!!! :goodjob:

I've been doing some research on THC-V since I've been helping my Dad who has Parkinsons and it appears to have positive effects on Parkinsons patients.

I would GUESS that the answer to your question is probably "No, not worth it!".

The reason is that THC-V is typically only found in very small amounts (Durban Poison is supposed to be a high THC-V strain) but the "high" is supposed to be more intense but last only about half as long. However, that's when THC-V is taken in large amounts and small amounts of THC-V have been shown to cancel the effects of THC-Delta-9, so it ends up killing the high.

Most strains are less than 2% THC-V but, I believe I read that the kief from a high THC-V strain tested as something like 24% THC-V, so if you were vaping the kief, it might be worth switching.

Back
Top Bottom