RDWC Mid Flowering Issues

Adriot

Hey All, I have been lurking for awhile. I have been growing for sometime now, and just built a RDWC, its only one site as I was leaving for a week and was leaving someone in charge and wanted them to have a reservoir so they (really I) wouldn't have to worry about them checking the plant a lot.

Tutankhamun (pyramid seeds)
Indica
1 Plant
Flowering 3.5 weeks
Indoor
Hydro
5 gallon bucket res
highest i've seen it 72
Growstone
RDWC
Air cooled 600w HPS
65-78°
35-45%
pH is 5.7ish-6.2ish. I don't have a meter just using drops. It gradually increases
No pests that I am aware of.
Botanicare Kind line up, with Silica blast
4x4

image_430.jpeg

image_333.jpeg

image_243.jpeg

image120.jpeg

I would say this is the general progression of the leaves. However seems to be misleading because i have noticed that it isn't always yellowing from the tips inwards, I have seen it starting at the margins, and the backs of the leaves. It's hard for me to discern if the chlorosis is progressing from the front, back, or margins of the leaves but it is inter-venial across the board . I will note that the issue is moving from the older leaves to the top. It has not reached the top of the plant, and is still only on the oldest leaves and I hope to keep it there :straightface:
I also am sure that it is not pythium as my roots look healthy and smells normal in the res. I added some Hydroplex by botanicare (0-10-6) today at 1/4 strength and some calmag last night as well at 1/4 strength.
I can post a picture of the entire plant if that is useful, however the light is on at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated, and if I can provide any more information I will.

Thanks

How do the roots look? Bet that's your problem. Are you running a sterilizing agent or any beneficial bacteria?

Your PH is going up because Silica Blast is alkaline. most likely causing the def. you only need to add it once or twice

How do the roots look? Bet that's your problem. Are you running a sterilizing agent or any beneficial bacteria?
I have been using H2o2 since I got back and when I was gone. I was using bennies, but when I left I didn't want to hassle the house sitter with brewing teas too, when I was going over the whole thing he was just looking at me like are you kidding. Ha.

Your PH is going up because Silica Blast is alkaline. most likely causing the def. you only need to add it once or twice

In Botanicare's predeveloped recipes they recommend using silica blast the whole cycle, I'll hold off on it the next feeding and see if that helps. And the pH increase isn't drastic or anything, it rises very slowly. From my understanding that is normal, or healthy despite my troubles.

How are the roots with h2o2? Sounds like that may be the problem.. No healthy roots, no healthy plant.
Good luck!

How are the roots with h2o2? Sounds like that may be the problem.. No healthy roots, no healthy plant.
Good luck!

I changed the Res two days ago, and upped the nutes. Still not getting better. I'm thinking of adding more bloom because the plant still seems deficient. I think she's just over producing for the amount of nutrients I'm giving her as she's quite large her canopy is 3' 6"x 3' 6" . The roots are healthy. I'm out of ideas other than give her a little more, I'm thinking of just increasing her dosage slowly over the next week to see if the chlorosis stops. Any ideas?

Well if your roots are the problem that will surely make things worse. :straightface::straightface::straightface:

Well I know the roots are healthy, they are a nice white, growing at the normal rate, no slime or discoloration. The water temps are always where they need to be. The issue arose right when the plant started to really try and bulk up its buds, so my reasoning is (if this makes no sense please advise me) that the plant is trying to produce more than what the nutrients I'm giving it are capable of supporting. This issue wasn't a problem in early flowering, or in veg at all, only when the buds started to really grow.

Ahhhhh i see. Sorry you never really gave a straight answer about your roots, i assumed they were the problem. In that case i'd say you're on the right track. Bump up nutes and keep the ph around 5.8. See where that gets ya. You might end up needing an additive to get enough phosphorus in there. Many to choose from, just make sure it's not organic or sugar based. Then you'd just be askin for problems.

Figured I would update

Giving her more nutrients worked! She is looking glorious and close to harvest, I've added some shots for your viewing pleasure. LMK what ya think.

IMG_72154.jpg
IMG_72202.jpg
IMG_7241.jpg
IMG_72222.JPG

Back
Top Bottom