Real meaning of 420

old_smokey9483

I just found this out today but the number 420 having to do with pot originated from San Rafael High school, in 1971, among a group of stoner students called "the waldos". 420 was the time to get together and smoke. This is all according to an ex-high times editior. This is true though, for those of you who did not know.:bong:

yea, we've discussed this in my class before. my teacher rocked.
it was also inquiries about it having to do with hitlers birthday too...

Why would stoners want to celebrate hitler's birthday? That his birthday happened to be on the same date is just a coinsidence in my opinion.

i got this info out of a book called "spliffs" and the source also said all other relations to 420 were false.

Yeah, I have known this for awhile.Hitlers birthday had nothing to do with it, and I dont know why people think a bunch of mello stoners would wanna celebrate hitlers birthday.

yeah hitler was an asshole. But I just saw a few threads asking "why do we celebrate 420?" I just found out so I figured I let everyone know.

old_smokey9483 said:
I just found this out today but the number 420 having to do with pot originated from San Rafael High school, in 1971, among a group of stoner students called "the waldos". 420 was the time to get together and smoke. This is all according to an ex-high times editior. This is true though, for those of you who did not know.:bong:

Yup, they would meet at 4:20 to toke. There was also an urban legend that they hid a garden in the area. They would also use the term "420" to talk about smoking in front of adults and parents.

Euphoricpa said:
Yup, they would meet at 4:20 to toke. There was also an urban legend that they hid a garden in the area. They would also use the term "420" to talk about smoking in front of adults and parents.
Yeah, and I keep trying to convince my friends that we need to start coming up with new slang. >.>

i know a fellow smoker who's birthday is ON april 20th. he always has a pretty fun party in his basement.. Very cloudy. It's great:bongrip:

Rubbar said:
Yeah, and I keep trying to convince my friends that we need to start coming up with new slang. >.>

I am fine with the slang there is now...there is too much actually

I've always heard that 420 comes from the big harvest in Amsterdam that takes place every year on April 20th. Any1 else heard this?

stoner_123 said:
"The true meaning of 420 is about getting 2gether with people and having a good time."

- Some 1 on this site.

having a good time... with weed of course:bong:

Euphoricpa said:

Haha, try doing that with parents nowaday's! lol

^True...mine don't know but alot do...we got o.g. parents....they know wassup...but anyway 420 all day everyday 24/7....blaze on...

TheBz said:
420 is April 20th the first day of the growing season.

and where would that be? the growing seasons are different everywhere in the world... granted, i used to look up info about 420 all the time, and i discovered a few things that most ppl don't know..

I forget which state, but I had discovered that one of the state's planting date for tobacco is 4/20... Also, cigarettes burn at 420 degrees... Thus, I began to speculate that 420 was originally a tobacco thing, and transferred over to the stoners... some more research revealed that there were a select few tobacconist shops that sold pipes and the sort with 420 in the name... so I believe that 420 may have initialized into pothead culture through its evil counterpart, tobacco... this may or may not have sparked the use of the number 420 in that group of kids, but still remains an odd coincidence to me...

you know what else is pretty neat? light cycles for weed plants... for veg a lot of ppl use 24 hrs of light, 0 hrs dark, right? so 0 dark 24 light, 0/24... turn that around... and you have........ 420!!!!

Back
Top Bottom