Really red stems and red streaks on the main stock?

bluegil

PICT001913.JPG
PICT001813.JPG
PICT002019.JPG
PICT00179.JPG
what causes this? the other one dosent have any red on it.
PICT000727.JPG

im using the same mix on both,flora nova bloom,flora nova koolbloom,koolbloom ripener,with a little black strap and sweet berry, my water for the last 3 weeks was rain water.

In my area we recently got heavy rain from a hurricane, my two outdoor girls did the same thing yours did after the storm. Usually I water them from city water so I believe it is a mineral that is not in the rainwater that is causing the problem.

I am trying to figure it out myself because there are too many "reasons" floating around out there. If I figure it out I will let you know what I did. I ask that you do the same for me if you figure it out.

I never use straight rainwater on my indoor grows. I do sometimes mix the rainwater and tap water 1:1 when it rains alot, but I usually use distilled water mixed with tap, it is not as good as the rainwater as far as TA and TH ppm but it is still within the good range :goodluck:

:hmmmm:...I haven't ruled out that it may just be too much water. After all it did rain here alot during the hurricane...:hmmmm:

Rain Water may have a pH of 5.6. I would check your soil pH .

Macronutrients tend to be less available in soils with low pH.
Micronutrients tend to be less available in soils with high pH.

just the one with red is tided down,the others just held up:)riddle me this?the red one went in to flower 12 days after that big one,but its closer to being done(looking at trics) is it because its smaller?as for water; my rain water is perfect every time i test it,i have a 5000 micron filter on the house line and my frig has another filter on it,but it runs high 8s ph so i have to ph down,so i thank my waters good.i thank i have to agree with miwa,every thing i do to them is the same,except being tide down.

one thing for sure my red went away...the only thing i did was re-tie my plants...i do that about every three days....dam plants must be growing 3" a day...they are at the top of the fence...fence been raised two feet.....thats what happens when you don't plan...I'm real nervous....for sure....i got tho months to go...at least.

my dumb ass didnt know any better,so i plucked as they got yellow.wont do that anymore!!
i know why its taking so long to finish now. (read twice,plant once)

its has to be from the tie down,ive only changed it twice.live and learn: Saturday i did go out and get new dirt finally (fox farm ocean frost) transplanted all but one to ffof and 2 cuttings that had rooted and they've taken off nicely.

just the one with red is tided down,the others just held up:)riddle me this?the red one went in to flower 12 days after that big one,but its closer to being done(looking at trics) is it because its smaller?as for water; my rain water is perfect every time i test it,i have a 5000 micron filter on the house line and my frig has another filter on it,but it runs high 8s ph so i have to ph down,so i thank my waters good.i thank i have to agree with miwa,every thing i do to them is the same,except being tide down.

I tie my plants down all the time and that never happened, and the plant that it happened to on me was not tied down because it is outdoors.

The cause I found so far is low PH, and It makes sense in my case. It also might in yours. Rainwater cannot buffer PH like tap water can. If you use rainwater with a soil that has peat in it that is still decomposing your going to lock out phosphorus because acid is building up in your soil. Do you check your run off? I did on one of my indoor plants that was using pro-mix I was putting in 7.4 water and it was coming out 4.9 I freaked and went and bought the FFOF and replanted.

What makes me believe it is truly PH lockout is that when I take cuttings from any strain and root them, the stems always turn red until they are rooted. That is because we literally cut off their nute supply and they must use stored nutes. It makes more sense. We LST our plants all the time and it doesn't cause the things to turn red.

Hey, Good luck regardless.

Yep...could be a ph problem...my red stem plant was outside in the ground..a lot of things causes red stems...what has me really puzzled...i have 7 plants in my plot...the plant next to the red stem one is doing great...the one next to that one,the sugar leaves are curled down...like claws...all these are sativa bagseed...i'm not going to trip though....my flowers are getting huge...no more in the ground...too many problems..growing mine inside from now on...better control

Yep...could be a ph problem...my red stem plant was outside in the ground..a lot of things causes red stems...what has me really puzzled...i have 7 plants in my plot...the plant next to the red stem one is doing great...the one next to that one,the sugar leaves are curled down...like claws...all these are sativa bagseed...i'm not going to trip though....my flowers are getting huge...no more in the ground...too many problems..growing mine inside from now on...better control

Same here! I like the thought of free lighting at optimum intensity, but the problems that have come with it are just making me crazy. Now it's raining again, has been for three days. My pistils are turning brown from all the water sitting on them and the rain is affecting the soil somehow causing problems. I have sweetend the soil with D.lime and bone meal prior to the rain so now all I can do is sit back and hope they pull through, then it is indoors for me too.

Back
Top Bottom