Recently Unemployeed i.e. Not much money for lights

Re: Recently Unemployeed ... i.e.. Not much money for lights

Personally I would go in another direction. If funds are low for your project it is even more important that you buy quality equipment rather than waste hard earned dough on uncertainty. If you have a local indoor hydro store that also deals in used gear, your answer may be there. If not, maybe Ebay or Craigslist may have a decent used light for about the same price as that LED.
From the size of the LED you are considering I'm guessing that you dont plan on having a very big garden right now so you may want to look into something like a 250 watt Metal Halide ballast and bulb with a HPS conversion bulb for flowering or a 400 watt switchable ballast that can run both HPS and MH bulbs.
Using a bunch of CFLs would also be a better option. There are plenty of crude and inexpensive set ups that actually produce results on this site so I'm sure you'll be able to find what will work for you! Good luck!:ganjamon:

I plan to keep it small. from 2 to 4 seedlings. i'll look into those CFLs.

please continue to share,

thank you,

ok, you go HID ur gonna have to deal with heat, CFL not so much.

you can run odor control with a ona block, fan, and a bucket

you can go soil and keep it simple.

do your homework before you commit to a set-up, only you know what is best for ur situation ... :peace:

just take ur time, relax, and study those grow journals.

we have master growers from all over the world to help you. it wont matter the style of grow you choose, we got the pros to help.

:goodluck: with the WW, i fully expect a smoke report when ur ladies have gone full bloom and your dry is complete ... :grinjoint:

the guy i bought my led's from sells those and when i inquired about the 13w panels he sells, he told me not to bother, i think they would work for clones...

Do you have a set budget to work off of, or are you just trying to get what you can as you go? I only ask b/c what me & the hubby decided to do was work off of a set dollar amount (he wrote about it in our grow journal, er well, his journal if you want to check it out in my siggy). It was a lot easier to do it that way than trying to figure out how to come up with money suddenly. There was also an INSANE amount of research done before we did anything. This site was a godsend & we also have a few books we bought as well (actually those came along later though and not so much required. We've started reading at night and what not).

You would be amazed at the little things you can find around the house, on craigslist, etc. We do pick up things here and there now that we are into the our grow, but it's not a lot of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom