Recommendations for inexperienced indoor grower

bizzybody

I apologize in advance for asking such a basic question, but I am inexperienced in every sense of the word. I haven't smoked in over 25 years, so my point of reference is mid 1980's weed which you probably couldn't give away today. I am still in the planning stages for my first grow which will be in a closet. I have been reading a bunch of material regarding strains, and frankly I'm overwhelmed and confused at this point. I had originally decided that I would start with Northern Lights, but after more research, I'm not sure that's the right one. Since I don't have a source to buy from to allow me to try out different strains, I want to make sure I make a good choice with my first attempt at growing. I would appreciate any insight and opinions from the more experienced crowd regarding a good strain to start with given the following assumptions:

Strain is forgiving and relatively easy to grow
Suitable for a closet that is roughly 2' x 4' x 5'
Really nice high - able to function in public, carry on a conversation, good for sex, not too much couch lock
Doesn't smell the house up

Also, as for seed banks. I have one in mind (Nirvana), and I'm planning to buy using a prepaid credit card with a PO box for shipping. How safe is this really? I live in a state where smoking is not looked at favorably.

Thanks in advance for any input.

My opinion would be ak strains. Can be bushed out at relative small stature. Not sure on closet orientation. i did it outside, was not more than a 2 feet tall. i am also looking at nirvana for seeds found out yesturday there are some in u.s. now. if u r in us? google seed banks in u.s.

There is a strain out there that is a 90/10 sativa dominant hybrid called trainwreck. It has a 20%+ thc content, gives a high yield and is easy to grow. The flowering time for this stage is approx. ten weeks with an eight to ten week veg period. You can get the seeds for right around $72.00/10 seeds online. Since it is a dominant sativa it will give you more of a head buzz than a body buzz. There are many more, but since it is easy to grow and gives a high yield, it may be a good one to start with. Good Luck.

aashte - thanks for the feedback. I've seen the AK's, but I only glanced at them in passing. I'll read up some more. Thanks again for the insight.

Sarah - thanks for the information. You are confirming some of my thoughts regarding the difference between sativa and indicas. Unfortunately my grow time for now won't fit. I'm going to have to grow while the kids are away at school, so I'm probably limited to something more like a total of 12 weeks at a time. I'm really interested in this strain though based upon your suggestion, so I'll keep it in the back of my mind. May have to wait until they've graduated and completely left the house before I can tackle this one :)

Hipster - thanks for the input. I thought Northern Lights sounded good initially. Do you suggest one of the NL variations that I've read about or just straight NL?

Back
Top Bottom