Regenerating?

JohnnyBlazed

Hey guys im new here......and i need a favor. I currently am growing with an ebb&flow setup, my plant (yes i had 3 but the carbon filter fell on 2 of my babies 2 weeks into flower) is about 30% full of orange hairs. Few more weeks to go. Anyhow i have heard that you can regenerate plants after they are harvested, and possibly get a 2nd crop, is there any truth to what ive heard?? Also if it is true how do you go about doing it? Thanks guys im glad to get my questions answered by some highly experienced growers.

Re: Regenerating???

according to my research they say you can do it, but it wont produce like it did the first time. The trick is to fool them the plants into thinking the season changed again. By increasing the light time they get back to 18 hours or more. Also switch to a high nitrogen nutrient solution again.

Odds are the plant will be in shock from harvest, and may not do anything, but if you have a hearty strain, maybe. It may be past the point of deminishing returns. I would start some fresh ones while trying to coax this years crop into budding again, and see what happens, good luck.

Reveging a plant can be done. Listen to both of them. I would use 24 hours of light to start out. If I remember correctly you do not get the same yeild from the reveg but I think it is more potent, but I could be wrong. I've only seen MV re-veg a plant here.

im in the process of regenerating my plant. Its gotten a lot of new growth and shes budding now but she definitely does not seem as healthy as before. I had a lot of problems with the leaves spotting and turning brown and yellow but that has slowed down. Im trying this as more of an experiment than anything else but ill let you know how it turns out!

Thanks for the info guys.....i appreciate it. Its good to have more experienced growers to answer your questions.:peace:

DankCloset said:
you know about the only way i would reveg, is in an aeroponics system.
^^^WHY? I'm sure that regeneration can be done under any grow conditions. Soil, hydro, or aoero... Look at MV's regenerated plants. From what he says, the indevidual buds are smaller, but you get more bud sites, and (again) from what he says, you get better quality bud from a plant that has been regenerated 2 or more times. Personally, I plan to try it w/my first normal (non Low Ryder)grow. I think it's a matter of how much greenery you leave on your plants as well as bud sites. If you leave a few lower, lesser developed bud sites on your plant when you harvest in addition to as many healthy green leafy stems as possible, your chances of a plant making it through harvest into regeneration are much better. Just my 2 cents worth.
Vin

Back
Top Bottom