Report: Cruisers left behind in St. Kitts after drug bust

I was totally considering taking a cruise vacation to some warmer clime for winter until I read this....
:hookah:

By Gene Sloan, USA TODAY

Two Americans vacationing this week on a Celebrity Cruises ship were left behind in St. Kitts after they allegedly were caught with marijuana in their cabin, a local news outlet on the island reports.

The St. Kitts Observer says William Donovan and Shari Hoffman of Los Angeles were not allowed back on board the Celebrity Eclipse on Wednesday after Donovan admitted to the drug possession in a local St. Kitts court and paid a fine. Local police had taken the couple into custody earlier in the day after being called to the Eclipse by the ship's security department, which had found what it believed to be cannabis in the couple's cabin, the news outlet says.

The Observer says Donovan paid a fine of 5,000 East Caribbean dollars (about $1,850 U.S. dollars), and the couple spent Wednesday night in St. Kitts before flying out on Thursday.

Celebrity warns customers on its website that no illegal drugs or other illegal substances are allowed on its ships and passengers found with illegal drugs may be removed.

Report: Cruisers left behind in St. Kitts after drug bust - USATODAY.com

Soo..him make it off an left it ..he must of been ....I bet they prob swept the ship with a dog or something and waited for him

moral of the story is to not take pot on a cruise ship.... It's just like an airplane.

No, it's worse than an airplane. They search private rooms when they clean. The last place I want to vacation is on a ship where absolutely NOTHING is private, even your dearly paid-for private cabin. It's one thing to ride for a few hours in a flying public conveyance. It's a whole other thing when it's a floating hotel that you'll be on for days or weeks or even months that sail international waters where ship's rules are THE law. Get kicked out of a hotel and you can just move to the one next door. What do you do if you get kicked off a ship? Pay a mint to purchase a flight home and/or detained and brought up on charges in a foreign country....

...not for me. No no no....

:peace:

No, it's worse than an airplane. They search private rooms when they clean. The last place I want to vacation is on a ship where absolutely NOTHING is private, even your dearly paid-for private cabin. It's one thing to ride for a few hours in a flying public conveyance. It's a whole other thing when it's a floating hotel that you'll be on for days or weeks or even months that sail international waters where ship's rules are THE law. Get kicked out of a hotel and you can just move to the one next door. What do you do if you get kicked off a ship? Pay a mint to purchase a flight home and/or detained and brought up on charges in a foreign country....

...not for me. No no no....

:peace:

Like I said, don't take pot on a cruise.

Guess it's best to enjoy any herb while off the ship... not necessarily a bad thing to be left in St. Kitts though, it is a beautiful place after all :smokin:

I took my 1st cruise mid september on Royal Caribbean. It departed cape canaveral, fl and went to nassau, bahamas. For various reasons, I didn't bring any herb with me, and i'm very glad i didn't.

Getting on and off the boat was no trouble. No body searches or dogs or anything like that. But...

Yes, they definitely go through your things. You have a room attendant that's in-charge of keeping your room, and several around yours, clean. There are vast amounts of time, while on a cruise ship, that you're not in your room. And during those times, your attendant is all up in your stuff.

Our room was attended to every time we left it. Out for breakfast, clean room. After lunch, straightened up. After dinner, beds turned down. Things were picked up and moved around... things that a normal maid in a normal hotel wouldn't have even touched. There is no doubt in my mind that if I had smoked in that room, the attendant would have smelled it whenever she came in.

The cruise itself was great. The rooms were nice (and CLEAN), the food was mediocre, Royal Caribbean's private island is AWESOME, nassau was like mexico except it had islanders instead of mexicans, and there's no doubt i could have found some smoke on the island if i'd just asked a cabby.

So, instead of smoking herb, which i use for it's unbelievable ability to relieve pain, I sat around and read while people around me guzzled gallons of beer and liquor, made asses of themselves, and got in fights. Legally.

Umm this is just common sense .....what's the matter with people....get with it....don't travel on boats and planes with drugs....."what?...I didn't know I would get into trouble"...?....enough already....

eh.. maybe not take herb, but im guessing they dont mess with edibles. when i fly back to the states, i have 4 airports i go through, all while toting brownies. ive had dogs come and sit with their face just inches from my bag and nothing was ever noticed....

Unfortunately, I also smoke tobacco. Due to the economic situation, I have been "rolling my own" (cigarettes) and use this simple machine to do the job. Neat trick is to roll MMJ "cigarettes, and put them in a regular cigarette pack in my shirt pocket. I don't take the pack out because there is no metal in it (foil removed too) and then when I wanna' doobie, I snap a filter off, and I have a joint that lasts for two people and is stealth in appearance. I didn't think about a cruise ship. Thanks for the facts. I couldn't afford a cruise now anyway...

Sorry Celebrity.... for one you went through my stuff, called the cops, got me arrested then left me.... Oh hell no....

Thats why I dont go to other countries with stuff, (or it could be because I am broke and cant leave my city more than once a year LOL)

Unfortunately, I also smoke tobacco. Due to the economic situation, I have been "rolling my own" (cigarettes) and use this simple machine to do the job. Neat trick is to roll MMJ "cigarettes, and put them in a regular cigarette pack in my shirt pocket. I don't take the pack out because there is no metal in it (foil removed too) and then when I wanna' doobie, I snap a filter off, and I have a joint that lasts for two people and is stealth in appearance. I didn't think about a cruise ship. Thanks for the facts. I couldn't afford a cruise now anyway...
tried it but needs to be dryer than I like or tend to get too tight or not fill fully....

Back
Top Bottom