Reporter Gives Legal Colorado Pot A Try

The General

This is your reporter. This is your reporter on Cannabis. Last week I flew to Denver to be among the first Americans since 1937 to legally buy marijuana without a prescription. It was a disorienting experience, and not just because I got stoned. First off were the long lines outside the city's 18 recreational-pot shops. Then there was the stunning variety of government-sanctioned Mary Jane. At the 3-D Cannabis dispensary downtown, my "budtender" had me choose from six completely different strains of ganja. I said I wanted something that wouldn't leave me unable to get off the couch, but instead would give me some pep and inspiration.

"The Trinity," he answered without hesitation, "is awesome for creativity." I looked in the jar and saw grass more white than green, evidence of a high THC count. I ordered a gram, plus an individually packaged joint. A Colorado resident is allowed to buy 28 grams at a time, while a visitor can buy 7. But my single gram of Trinity and the joint would be more than enough. The price for each was $13, plus $5.52 in state tax, for a grand total of $31.52. The state's medical marijuana patients call this exorbitant, but there were no complaints from the customers around me. I smiled, too. The whole transaction felt more like ordering a sandwich at a deli counter than buying black market narcotics. In fact, the customer service was much better at the marijuana shop than at my corner deli in Greenpoint.

Purchase in hand, I headed to the house of the only other guy I know who gets paid to smoke weed and write about it. He goes by the pen name William Breathes and has reviewed hundreds of medical marijuana dispensaries for a local paper. Breathes smokes some of the best marijuana in the world, so I was happy to hear him pronounce my Trinity "not bad." We talked about how legalization made the whole smoking experience feel like a normal part of life, and how some people might miss the illicit thrill and feeling of rebellion.

As we sat under a cloud of sweet-smelling smoke I felt peppy and inspired, just as my budtender had promised. This was no Cheech and Chong hippie weed. This stuff made me awake and almost jittery, like I'd consumed too much coffee. But in a good way. Eventually a soft haze settled in and I examined the package my Trinity came in. On the front was a State of Colorado, Marijuana Enforcement Division tax stamp. On the back was a warning that read: "Recommended dosage 1-2 inhalations, wait 10 minutes before additional inhalation may be needed."

Denver.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Nydailynews.com
Author: Justin Silverman

Many thanks to the state of colorado and the voters for an act of freedom george washington would be thrilled to see this.

Live long laugh hard and be mellow.

This is the normalization of the fine Herb.
It will not take long to spread to other states and nations.
Dank you Colorado, Washington and Uruguay, you are proving that prohibition is a lie.

$31. 52 for 1 gram and one joint? Man your ass just got ripped off. As a medical patient and provider in Washington state I am going to laugh if those are the prices up here in WA when it starts being sold in stores. Just because it is legal doesn't mean that you are not being taken for a fool.

$31. 52 for 1 gram and one joint? Man your ass just got ripped off. As a medical patient and provider in Washington state I am going to laugh if those are the prices up here in WA when it starts being sold in stores. Just because it is legal doesn't mean that you are not being taken for a fool.
I'm sure it will chill out...lol. Peeps coming out of state just to buy some and don't use mj is an indicator to raise prices...haha. Important of all its getting legal. Peace

That's cool, what an experience purchasing pot like A sandwich in a deli, come on America lets roll with this.

I gotta wait to try the stores. I went around New Years too busy. Have heard prices and lines are both already way down.

There is a difference between it being "legal" and "free to buy and use." If they wanted to legalize it then they should have just taken away all of the laws. Instead what the states are going to do is try and make money off of it. I read in one of the articles that Colorado is now the most heavily regulated pot state in the WORLD. Why does "legal" mj need so many regulations?

this is your reporter. This is your reporter on cannabis. Last week i flew to denver to be among the first americans since 1937 to legally buy marijuana without a prescription. It was a disorienting experience, and not just because i got stoned. First off were the long lines outside the city's 18 recreational-pot shops. Then there was the stunning variety of government-sanctioned mary jane. At the 3-d cannabis dispensary downtown, my "budtender" had me choose from six completely different strains of ganja. I said i wanted something that wouldn't leave me unable to get off the couch, but instead would give me some pep and inspiration.

"the trinity," he answered without hesitation, "is awesome for creativity." i looked in the jar and saw grass more white than green, evidence of a high thc count. I ordered a gram, plus an individually packaged joint. A colorado resident is allowed to buy 28 grams at a time, while a visitor can buy 7. But my single gram of trinity and the joint would be more than enough. The price for each was $13, plus $5.52 in state tax, for a grand total of $31.52. The state's medical marijuana patients call this exorbitant, but there were no complaints from the customers around me. I smiled, too. The whole transaction felt more like ordering a sandwich at a deli counter than buying black market narcotics. In fact, the customer service was much better at the marijuana shop than at my corner deli in greenpoint.

Purchase in hand, i headed to the house of the only other guy i know who gets paid to smoke weed and write about it. He goes by the pen name william breathes and has reviewed hundreds of medical marijuana dispensaries for a local paper. Breathes smokes some of the best marijuana in the world, so i was happy to hear him pronounce my trinity "not bad." we talked about how legalization made the whole smoking experience feel like a normal part of life, and how some people might miss the illicit thrill and feeling of rebellion.

As we sat under a cloud of sweet-smelling smoke i felt peppy and inspired, just as my budtender had promised. This was no cheech and chong hippie weed. This stuff made me awake and almost jittery, like i'd consumed too much coffee. But in a good way. Eventually a soft haze settled in and i examined the package my trinity came in. On the front was a state of colorado, marijuana enforcement division tax stamp. On the back was a warning that read: "recommended dosage 1-2 inhalations, wait 10 minutes before additional inhalation may be needed."

denver.jpg

news moderator - the general @ 420 magazine ®
source: Nydailynews.com
author: Justin silverman

bad ass i was in denver between flights and smoked a puff right outside and everyone was cool smokers and nonsmokers and what a relief feeling it was i had a total natural high being there and then a good happy pot buz and no side effects like paranoia lmao. Wow.

There is a difference between it being "legal" and "free to buy and use." If they wanted to legalize it then they should have just taken away all of the laws. Instead what the states are going to do is try and make money off of it. I read in one of the articles that Colorado is now the most heavily regulated pot state in the WORLD. Why does "legal" mj need so many regulations?

Baby steps...

Im thinking I could probably handle smoking all that ...I mean testing the weed for any company that may need me to. Seriously,lots of bugs to be worked out,but we are progressing towards legalization across the boards I would hope.Its so silly,I can go to the dr. and get drugs that wipe out my liver,give me horrible side effects,and cost more than I can afford.Or I could grow a couple of plants next to my tomatoes and solve the same thing.Organically,safely,and without all the side effects.Its gotta happen soon to Florida,Im about ready to move where its legal

I cant agree more . I recently had surgry and they overdosed me in the hospital and when i left i told the docters they can keep there meds and i think i will continue to smoke a joint to releive the pain
Live long laugh hard and be mellow.:420:
Im thinking I could probably handle smoking all that ...I mean testing the weed for any company that may need me to. Seriously,lots of bugs to be worked out,but we are progressing towards legalization across the boards I would hope.Its so silly,I can go to the dr. and get drugs that wipe out my liver,give me horrible side effects,and cost more than I can afford.Or I could grow a couple of plants next to my tomatoes and solve the same thing.Organically,safely,and without all the side effects.Its gotta happen soon to Florida,Im about ready to move where its legal

Back
Top Bottom