Reverting to Veg for mother plant

stonerjoe

If I have taken a plant that was one week into flowering, slightly showing preflowers and reverted it back into Vegetative to keep as a mother plant do I risk the plant become a hermaphrodite? I wanted to take a mother plant earlier, but didn't know which plants were male or female so I waited until it showed two white pistils and pulled it and put in under 18/6 again. It has been weeks now and it has not reverted completely yet, but the plant looks very healthy. It still has white pistils at the nodes though. Is it too late to take a clone from it and try to grow that as a mother plant. I have been reading a lot that reverting to veg growth stresses the plant and will make it turn into a hermaphrodite and the clones will also be part male. Should I be worried.

If I have taken a plant that was one week into flowering, slightly showing preflowers and reverted it back into Vegetative to keep as a mother plant do I risk the plant become a hermaphrodite? I wanted to take a mother plant earlier, but didn't know which plants were male or female so I waited until it showed two white pistils and pulled it and put in under 18/6 again. It has been weeks now and it has not reverted completely yet, but the plant looks very healthy. It still has white pistils at the nodes though. Is it too late to take a clone from it and try to grow that as a mother plant. I have been reading a lot that reverting to veg growth stresses the plant and will make it turn into a hermaphrodite and the clones will also be part male. Should I be worried.

In a word, NO!

Keep that plant under 18/6, it will revert. If you NOW put it back into flowering, that's what would stress it and turn it hermi.

What I would do, is take some clones. While these are rooting, the mother can be revegging.

Once the clones are rooted, re potted and going well, you can either flower the clones, or make mothers out of the clones and flower the mother.

To avoid the hermies, the mother would need to be as much into the veg state as possible. Am I making sense? Needs time to adjust to the 18/6 before back to flower to avoid that stress.

DD

In a word, NO!

Keep that plant under 18/6, it will revert. If you NOW put it back into flowering, that's what would stress it and turn it hermi.

What I would do, is take some clones. While these are rooting, the mother can be revegging.

Once the clones are rooted, re potted and going well, you can either flower the clones, or make mothers out of the clones and flower the mother.

To avoid the hermies, the mother would need to be as much into the veg state as possible. Am I making sense? Needs time to adjust to the 18/6 before back to flower to avoid that stress.

DD

Thanks Droppy Dog,

I don't want to put it back into flowering. I want to keep it to take clones later on. I am at my limit of plants I can have under my Medical so I can't create any more plants. The only way I can clone now is to get rid of one of my plants that are flowering. They are in the 4th week now, so I should only have 3 or 4 more weeks. Can I wait until then to take the clones?

Thanks Droppy Dog,

I don't want to put it back into flowering. I want to keep it to take clones later on. I am at my limit of plants I can have under my Medical so I can't create any more plants. The only way I can clone now is to get rid of one of my plants that are flowering. They are in the 4th week now, so I should only have 3 or 4 more weeks. Can I wait until then to take the clones?

Sure, once the mother is old enough and kept in a veg state, you can take clones whenever you want.

You may want to trim the tips off the mother to keep it from getting too tall and to bush it out some. In 4 weeks you'll have plenty of new growth to make cuttings.

I usually keep my mothers on a high phos (bloom), diet. You're not looking for a LOT of growth, but rather STRONG growth. The bloom diet, for me, gives me stronger stems and much healthier clones. Too much N can keep clones from rooting.

DD

Re: Reverting from flower stage back to veg with some buds growing...
I've recently had a light fu#k, 3 days of darkness because of a power outage, no pistil or calyxe growth but the usual darkness yellowing from stress... Hoping the girls won't take too long to get back on schedule. Immediately hit em with a veg water and started a 24hr cycle. My question is what now? How long would one wait for a bunch of hybrids to come out of confusion and continue veg growth on the 24hr lighting cycle after such a long dark period? Anybody have a bit of experience with somethin like this?

Years later....Dionysus your plant will come out of confusion with what you said your doing, that is correct! Keep with veg cycle and she will come back it's all I. The light schedule 18/6 but I give mines 24 hours, just flowered my girls and reverting! Just takes some time...

Years later....Dionysus your plant will come out of confusion with what you said your doing, that is correct! Keep with veg cycle and she will come back it's all I. The light schedule 18/6 but I give mines 24 hours, just flowered my girls and reverting! Just takes some time...
Would it hurt mine if I want to go back to veg
1661570395535.png

Would it hurt mine if I want to go back to veg

That's a very young looking plant ...its flowering, but if u provide 24 hour or 18/6 vegging light and no darkness for over 7 hours to get her back to vegetative state it might work...gotta take ur time and have fun but it's flowering!!!be patient it can take up to 2 months to recover meaning revegg your plant! U can cut the bud sites at the top and leave all new growth( baby leafs)( only cut pistils)!! She will recover!! Only cut pistils!!! The long hair clear things no leaf cutting!!! Take ur time

The work can be done ! Just be careful not to take too much she is young, just spray with water and feed very light nitrogen and stay on a vegetative schedule 18/6 !!!take the light schedule serious and you will dial in and control what growth cycle its in(vegetative schedule)(Tells the plant I need to veg and stop flowering!!)

That's a very young looking plant ...its flowering, but if u provide 24 hour or 18/6 vegging light and no darkness for over 7 hours to get her back to vegetative state it might work...gotta take ur time and have fun but it's flowering!!!be patient it can take up to 2 months to recover meaning revegg your plant! U can cut the bud sites at the top and leave all new growth( baby leafs)( only cut pistils)!! She will recover!! Only cut pistils!!! The long hair clear things no leaf cutting!!! Take ur time

The more I look at it !!! give a few weeks of just plain water, too many nutes could do anything idk much of your setup but I covered the main points add nitrogen when u see it responding and reverting to veg state whatever light ur using make sure it's close to 6500k too!!! Best light to promote branching in cannabis

lol!!! Autos have their own minds!!! It must be your lights, make sure you are using the correct spectrum for flowering and vegging your plants. At 11 weeks it's just vegging going to flower soon if it's auto!! Is it a big plant?? Pistils showing ? If you want more specific help you must provide more details so I know what we are working with

I use this feeding chart.i use meizhi 300w good reviews. Im new to it. Dont really know what to provide. I tried 12/12 for 3 days nothing. Didnt wanna risk anything so its on 20/4 water every monday seems to be on this watering schedule
1661570343563.png

1661570354075.png

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You're doing pretty good bro, the light is a good distance and you have everything it needs, just Add a fan and get in there with some scissors take away large fan leaves its in need of a prune maybe a little..ur plant is nice but bids won't get much light unless you defoliate... Only remove big leaves and ur doing great!! Flowering is 12 hours lights on and 12 off, don't stress her by being abrupt with changes!! Take your time with it and provide the proper time and let it grow, those green pistils or little hair things are early signs where bud sites will be so remove anything blocking their view, your light is plenty but defoliation is a must slowly though!!! Take your time!!! Like a good cut is lol it needs and the proper light schedule of 12 hours on and 12 hours of complete darkness when lights are off!!:goodjob:

Its an autoflower is less than 18hrs of light good for it. And is 11 weeks good for autos

Its an autoflower is less than 18hrs of light good for it. And is 11 weeks good for autos

Does it show any pistils yet?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

This is the most it shows

That's where I saw it. You see the where you made the smaller circle. Is that a male part?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom