Riverside County DA to address legality of medical marijuana today

Spliff Twister

Riverside County District Attorney Grover Trask is expected to release an opinion, this morning, on the legality of medical marijuana usage in the county, a spokeswoman said today.

The opinion, called a "white paper," will address issues raised by the existence of medical marijuana dispensaries and their disbursement of the drug to those with medical problems.

Check back to thedesertsun.com for more on this developing story

Newshawk: Spliff Twister - 420Times.com
Source: The Desert Sun
Pubdate: September 20, 2006
Author: Marie McCain
Copyright: Copyright © 2006 The Desert Sun
Website: The Desert Sun | Palm Springs and Coachella Valley news

Wow.. this is not good.

Riverside County District Attorney Grover Trask is expected to release an opinion, this morning, on the legality of medical marijuana usage in the county, a spokeswoman said today.
I believe the voters of Califonia have already decided on this issue. THe Riverside District Attorney simply needs to read 215 and sb420. ANy state official not following those laws explicitly are directly working AGAINST the will of their boss, the California citizens.
-PM

Mr. Spliff.. here you go.

Riverside County DA: Medical marijuana illegal, state law can't be enforced
Opinion says no state has the power to allow citizens to violate federal law

Riverside County District Attorney Grover Trask released an opinion, this morning, on the legality of medical marijuana usage in the county.

The opinion, called a "white paper," addresses issues raised by the existence of medical marijuana dispensaries and their disbursement of the drug to those with medical problems.

The "white paper" concludes that California's Compassionate Use Act of 1996, which legalized the use of medical marijuana for California residents, is illegal under existing federal law.

Federal law considers all uses of marijuana illegal.

"No state has the power to grant its citizens the right to violate federal law," the paper states. In addition, the opinion classifies "store-front medical marijuana businesses ... (as) prey for criminals and create(s) easily identifiable victims," it states.

Marie McCain
The Desert Sun

The Desert Sun | Palm Springs and Coachella Valley news

Mr PM: I just hate where this is going, that's all. I know it won't change anything.. just the tone is somewhat ominous.

Pinch, a district attorney that directly defies the California voters will should be shot for treason. Or, at the very least, run out of office with tar and feather. Even if you don't support medical marijuana.....even if you don't support ANY particular law....campaign to change it legaly. Don't ignore the will of the people because you are personaly offended or disgusted by legislature voted in by the people. Become a lobbysit if that's your goal, not an elected represntative of the people. Is the entire country on Halcyon or something? Does no one give a shit anymore about who governs them? I'm so depressed over this. THIS is what I served my country for....ugh.
-PM

Agreed! :peace: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom