Root bound

Far East Buds

I have some plants that are root bound in flower...

Quick rundown....

I was using Top Feed drip recirculating with hydroton. Got Pythium and switched to drain to waste.. Swapped out most of the medium for coco... So far got rid of the Pyth but the plants obviously lost 80% of their roots. They are all acting like they are flushing and ready for harvest but some are still weeks away.

IMGP11612.JPG
IMGP11601.JPG
IMGP1163.JPG
IMGP11641.JPG

My question is I guess... Should I just harvest them early when they seem ready or should I run them longer anyway? Will they continue to swell etc even after most of the fans are gone?

The leaves are being eaten up like a flush working it's way from bottom to top on all but no new growth is happening. The buds are swelling just as they would near the last of it's run but most where not on schedule for it for weeks ( I run perpetual so they are all offset on 12/12 times by a week)

It is not critical to get these to big yield just not sure if I should just ditch them early. More will be going in soon so they should be good going forward as long as I don't see Pyth again. So far so good. but I also don't mind continuing them if there still can be something to be had for doing so...

Thanks in advance for looking

:peace:

FE

hey there sorry about your luck sucks big time i would keep her growing even most of the leaves are not there you can still do a good grow i had a northing light that i removed a lot of fan leaves still grow nice have a look
IMG_49068.JPG
IMG_49048.JPG

Thanks for responding....
4 plants got root bound...
One.. Delicious Cheese Candy... Hermie'd... Cut it down...
WW is in flush and it didnt hermie but stunted...
Pineapple chunk is still growing with limited leaves and as long as it doesn't hermie I will let it run.. and Last a Bubba Kush started to flower... stopped and I have no idea if it will start up again...

Got the Pythium taken care of I believe so it is a waiting game now ;/

FE

Man you can't win for trying it will get better not to worry a quick pot switch a good Ph flush will kick start everything I love bubba kush I'm growing zombie kush now has lavender Kush x bubba kush but the best is Pre~98 Bubba Kush my fav

Man you can't win for trying it will get better not to worry a quick pot switch a good Ph flush will kick start everything I love bubba kush I'm growing zombie kush now has lavender Kush x bubba kush but the best is Pre~98 Bubba Kush my fav

Yah BK is one of my tops as well... Thanks for chiming in... It's all good things are clean now... well live so I guess dirty is a better way to put it.... but all new stuff going into flower seems fine now.

Luckily I have a little extra hanging around... so I can wait for the next stuff to run clean for my self ;)

FE

hey there sorry about your luck sucks big time i would keep her growing even most of the leaves are not there you can still do a good grow i had a northing light that i removed a lot of fan leaves still grow nice have a look
IMG_49068.JPG
IMG_49048.JPG

I'm a fan of Defoliation... I've grown, experimented...
and it DOES have it's place...
Those Buds are getting good light now...

Update!

I harvested one with poor results.. very poor...

Two i had to cull with nanners...

One grew great and is in flush for what looks like a decent harvest considering.

All different strains and they all reacted differently.
Tough one to say too many variables.... mine had a bad infection...

:peace:

FE

Back
Top Bottom