How to save these clones?

TheFertilizer

So a while back, like probably more than 4 weeks ago now, I took some cuts and put them in a clone dome and kept them way too wet. Mold started growing on the side of the rockwool cubes, you know those little ones with the silver foil around them. Anyway, a few of them were rooted so I just decided to plant them in solo cups so that they'd have an easier time drying out. I made the mistake of watering them water pH'd to 5.5 when planting them into soil, thinking that since their roots were still mostly in the rockwool that would be better for them. Anyway, the solo cups all dried out and I re-watered with pH 6.5 water about a week or so ago, give or take a few days, and now these two look to be the only survivors growing but they're doing some weird stuff.

IMG_20161121_071140.jpg
IMG_20161121_071131.jpg

I haven't given them any plant food in a while, I don't believe these ones had rooted in the tray by the time I planted them, I just figured I would roll the dice to see if they would continue rooting into the dirt. Anyway, point being I gave them all some water at about 200 PPM of Flora Nova when I first started noticing rooting and yellowing issues but I haven't given them anything since then because I have been trying to let them dry out.

To me this kind of looks like a Cal Mag deficiency, but they also look way too young to need nutrients. I'm only using Fox Farms Happy Frog so there's not a whole lot of nutrition in that soil but I've had seedlings germinate pretty well in that. I'm wondering if it's got more to do with the pH shifting. I also had been giving them some General Hydro RapidStart but stopped using that.

Back
Top Bottom