Please help! Dying clones!

ashleyvee420

This is my first time around with growing clones, I am currently using rockwool (first time with that as well)
I'm using a 1000w fluorescent light about 2 ft away from the humidity dome.
I just recently had to switch the feeding to Iguana Juice because some of the leaves were turning yellow and I believed it was due to nitrogen deficiency. When I was changing the water I squeezed the rockwool to get most of the water out and I know that could mess up the rockwools air pockets!!! I obviously learned about this after I already squeezed them and now the plants have been looking even weaker!! Some of them are starting to show a brown moldy spots in the middle of the leaves!!

This morning I came to mist them and noticed 3 of them are sprouting roots from the bottom!! even some that have yellow and brown leaves.. Please, if there's anyway I can save these clones I need to know!! Especially the ones that are rooting!!

BTW they are about 9 days old.
20131218_110908-1.jpg

20131218_110833-1.jpg

Re: Please help!!! Dying clones!!!!!

not real sure about deficiencies, but it may be possible that you are over spraying them if you have a lid on them. also I am not real familiar with rock wool, but if it is that wet that you can squeeze excess water out of them I would say you are over watering. I only spray my clones, I do not water them because if they have no root, they cannot suck up water, they are doing that by the leaves that you leave on the clone, also you shouldn't really have a fixable deficiency if they are new clones (i think). I would ease up on the water, stop watering the rockwool, unless they have visible roots and not worry about a deficiency until they are rooted. This is just my personal opinion, and I am sure someone else will have more reliable info for you. good luck.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

You got off to a bad start but things may be salvageable.

Your instincts are right, but you're overdoing it - too much water. And get that bright light away from them. Clones require about two weeks to grow a set of roots that will support the plant. During that time, they need soft light so they don't pass too much moisture through their leaves - no roots to bring water to the leaves. They also need a humid environment for the same reason.

For the first few days, you should be sure the medium is soaked, but then it has to begin to dry out a bit, so the roots can get some air. In rockwool, I doubt you need to water at all after soaking the cubes. I have some recommendations.

1. Cut those fans with the stems off - the plant can't use them and they waste water. You should just leave the growing tip and one small full leaf.

2. Get less light on them - they just need dim light until they root.

3. Get any water out of the bottom. Leave the cubes alone for now.

4. Stop any misting.

5. Put the cover on and leave them alone for a week. You can look at them as much as you want, but no watering, no misting, no "feeding", no nothing. They'll probably be ok.

:thumb:

This is my first time around with growing clones, I am currently using rockwool (first time with that as well)
I'm using a 1000w fluorescent light about 2 ft away from the humidity dome.
I just recently had to switch the feeding to Iguana Juice because some of the leaves were turning yellow and I believed it was due to nitrogen deficiency. When I was changing the water I squeezed the rockwool to get most of the water out and I know that could mess up the rockwools air pockets!!! I obviously learned about this after I already squeezed them and now the plants have been looking even weaker!! Some of them are starting to show a brown moldy spots in the middle of the leaves!!

This morning I came to mist them and noticed 3 of them are sprouting roots from the bottom!! even some that have yellow and brown leaves.. Please, if there's anyway I can save these clones I need to know!! Especially the ones that are rooting!!

BTW they are about 9 days old.
20131218_110908-1.jpg

20131218_110833-1.jpg

Ouch....It looks like your clones were taken during flower.....if you have roots, get em in your grow medium and put em under 24/7 lighting.....preferably CFL or T5's nothing strong....

They will take some time reverting back to veg......there may be other issues to but hard to tell from your pic.

Try and use a medium with added nutrients already in the medium and only use ph water 6.3 to 6.8 for the next 2/3 weeks...

I am not a pro but there should be enough advice until someone else chimes in.

They look strong and not bent over so I think you may get lucky.....the advice Gray put up above is very sound and solid advice

Ouch....It looks like your clones were taken during flower.....if you have roots, get em in your grow medium and put em under 24/7 lighting.....preferably CFL or T5's nothing strong....

They will take some time reverting back to veg......there may be other issues to but hard to tell from your pic.

Try and use a medium with added nutrients already in the medium and only use ph water 6.3 to 6.8 for the next 2/3 weeks...

I am not a pro but there should be enough advice until someone else chimes in.

Damn, Heady, I missed that! Sheesh.

Yeah, that's gonna make it tougher ...

Still, I think there's a fair chance they can make it.

I cleaned out all of the water from the bottom this morning, and just lightly misted the ones with roots. But I'll stop the misting and water.

And are you sure I should move the ones with roots?? They JUST started to pop out from the rockwool and I've read to let them grow out a little more before going to the next stage.

Thanks for the advice!! I'm switching my lights out right now unfortunately I don't have a 600 or 400w, but I do have a dimmable light I can set up.
And I'll cut off those bad leaves too, most of the leaves without the spots were standing out perfectly, hopefully I can save these since this all just started.

Clean them up like gray suggested with the trimming, keep them where they are and don't let the cubes sit in water but don't let them dry out...clones that big may need to be watched closely to prevent drying.

The ones with roots showing...yes you can plant them or wait for more roots but they are already so established I bet 2 weeks in soil they will be looking much better.

Either way, clean em up, they should survive.

Also look up 40W cfls....it is the small spiral ones. 2 to 4 over those plants would be great if you have them or other low wattage grow bulb.

Clean them up like gray suggested with the trimming, keep them where they are and don't let the cubes sit in water but don't let them dry out...clones that big may need to be watched closely to prevent drying.

The ones with roots showing...yes you can plant them or wait for more roots but they are already so established I bet 2 weeks in soil they will be looking much better.

Either way, clean em up, they should survive.

Also look up 40W cfls....it is the small spiral ones. 2 to 4 over those plants would be great if you have them or other low wattage grow bulb.

I just finished cleaning up the leaves, they look pretty good and I actually discovered 2 more are rooting! some of the cubes were dripping water so i gently let some water drain so they weren't so soaked. And I'm definitely going to have to do some light shopping today to get those 40w lights you mentioned.. Once I plant those in soil should I just water them with distilled water with a balanced PH? And how quick should I start watering after I plant them?

Water lightly when put in soil ....don't water again until you lift them and the pots are no longer heavy...don't overdo the pot size either.

You could go big, but alot of new growers over water in large pots to soon.

1 gallon pots will be huge at this stage of the game so you would not need to "soak" the entire content of the pot if you go that big.

No need to rush out a buy different lights, either. Just get 'em under something "normal" ... y'know ... ambient light. Throw a thin hanky over the dome.

Just no virtual suns! Heheh.

And the rooted ones will be fine under bright light as soon as they start growing again.

Back
Top Bottom