Root Rot fix asap opinions welcome

BigGreenHulk

420 Member
Hey gang,

Well I smelled it starting the other day and did a flush (I have custom 6 site UC style setup), but there is the brown sludger!. I had it once before at the end and powered through but this time I need to address it head on and fast (i have about 2-3 weeks still). I have ordered UC Roots , which from reading seems like safe bleach for plants and even leaves fresh smelling water. That is arriving this Saturday.

I also have hydroguard on hand and am curious can I use them both? Can I literally just start hydroguard tonight and then run the UC (which i believe will fix it 100%) on Saturday when it arrives?

What would you do? I have about an hour to decide before lights out, thank you

Hey guys, I have used great white. In fact I was using it during this issue!!

I ended up using some h2o2 and pulling out the grossness. Then cultured solutions uc roots. Cleaned everything quite well and I decided it was time to flush. I wanted to push them a bit longer but they were ready to call it in. All in all everything should work out well.

Thanks again everyone

I have been using z7 water treatment and I have not washed any of my buckets,stones or hydroton for years now. They all look like new. It keeps everything clean.

'Canadian ' version is Z9 . When my z7 is out I'll use a bottle of Hydroguard, then when that is done I'm going to go really cheap and try a couple of mls of bleach . So, I will be sure to post any horrible experiences in my journal. Stay tuned ! hahaha

I ended up getting lucky and they were saved! I used Current culture uc roots and recharge!. The recharge turns the water black and it bubbles due to the molasses and the air stones but after a few days they were ecstatic and saved all but one. I probably could have saved that one but I thanked her in frustration :( , such is life.

Def looking into z7 now as it sounds great!

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom