Roots Organics VS Fox Farm soil

Do you prefer Roots Organics of Fox Farm?

• Roots Organics Natural & Organic

Votes: 28 50.0%
  • Fox Farm Ocean Forest

Votes: 28 50.0%

• Total voters
I'm using Happy Frog right now and seems to be working very nice. I originally was going to go with Roots Organic but the guy at hydro store where I went recommended using Happy Frog over roots. So I went with HF but now want to try the Roots for myself to see which one I prefer. I am looking to go TLO style. Which I think is a fairly new and I have started doing lots of research on this.

Subcool uses roots organic in his super soil and also as a base soil for plants that cant take the heat like for his Cheese plants he uses only roots organic mixed with another soil that comes in a white bag I forget the name.

I think its all preference but if a master grower and breeder like subcool uses it I'm sure its top notch. FYI the super soil is set up so there is no need for nutes, water only, until mid to late flowering when nutes can be added depends on plant size to ensure it finishes strong. I will be doing the super soil for my next grow cycle and will post in the grow journal section.

Till then I will stick with Fox Farm Happy Frog because it already has a lot of the good stuff already in it like earth worm castings, bat guano, humic acid, Mycorrhizae, and dolmite lime for PH. Not saying you cant grow great stuff with just plain roots organic but I like to jazz it up a bit and have no place to mix soil right now. That's my 2 cents and constantly reading and researching. hope this helps :goodluck:
Roots Organic has all that same stuff as FF and is a better soil in my opinion as I once used Fox Farms.

Really? Greenfeilds, all day. Fluffy, fine (root lovin') shred, plenty of perlite, completely organic and fully supplemented. Might wanna' follow that up w/ some organic nutes too..... I think FF only has like, one (maybe?), just sayin-

I decided to buy roots. They had roots lush. You do not add nutrients for six to eight weeks. Been doing scrog for about ten years. Going to use this in seven gallon grow bags during veg.

You're going to love it, it's like a super charged Greenfields, or basicly premixed "super" soil. I have used it and would definitely recommend it, just a little pricey for me-

Back
Top Bottom