Soil formula?

Onamatopeia

In the past I did a lot of outdoor. Currently doing my first indoor.

Current soil is Miracle Grow Organic Potting Soil with water crystals mixed in. It has acted pretty heavy.

Next grow, I want better soil, but I also want it to be easy and no maintenance.

What do you think of FFOF (Fox Farms Ocean Forest) soil cut with 25% perlite? (Might skip the water crystals.)

And if you don't like that, any suggestions on something simple but effective for a soil?

In the past I did a lot of outdoor. Currently doing my first indoor.

Current soil is Miracle Grow Organic Potting Soil with water crystals mixed in. It has acted pretty heavy.

Next grow, I want better soil, but I also want it to be easy and no maintenance.

What do you think of FFOF (Fox Farms Ocean Forest) soil cut with 25% perlite? (Might skip the water crystals.)

And if you don't like that, any suggestions on something simple but effective for a soil?

I add garden lime 1 to 2 tablespoons per gallon of FFOF.

I am trying something a little different this round, FFOF with plain topsoil and perlite approx. 2 gal FFOF/1 gal Topsoil/1 gallon perlite then 1.5 tablespoons garden lime/per gallon. So far so good but only 3 days into flowering.

Making soil may be an option also. I don't have any recipes. but someone will probably chime in.

:peace: and :goodluck:

Thanks for the tip!

Curious why you are adding the regular soil. Is it because they say the FFOF runs hot?

I don't really want to make soil with more than maybe 3 ingredients.

I try to keep it simple, 'cos I'm stupid!

Thanks for the tip!

Curious why you are adding the regular soil. Is it because they say the FFOF runs hot?

I don't really want to make soil with more than maybe 3 ingredients.

I try to keep it simple, 'cos I'm stupid!

Well, I had it laying around so I thought I would use it. One to stretch the FFOF out and 2nd to help tame it some.

But, to keep it simple, "kiss" mode would be to just add some garden lime to the FFOF. If you could maybe add some microbes to your feeding schedule. I just buy what ever I can find at the local stores. Currently using " tomato thrive" that I found on sale.

Back
Top Bottom