RP SFV OG Kush - 3 x 3 - 600W HPS - DWC - 2nd Grow

Groovecon1

Hi, All.

This is my second grow. On both occasions, I've been provided DWC rooted clones from a mother that was grown from an RP SFV OG Kush femenized seed.

The first time out I used AN Ph Perfect (NOT!) nutrients and additives, and added the Exhale bags during the 4th week of flowering. Otherwise, the setup was the same as the current one. I yielded 6 3/4 oz of some exceptionally potent nugget, harvesting in stages from 63 - 70 days. I posted some photos here... OG Kush - DWC - Flowering Day 49 - First Grow. On that grow, I vegged for 6 weeks, using a combination of LST & topping. I let it get a bit too bushy. While it had a high yield, there was a ton of popcorn to be trimmed, and it was just a bit of a pain in the ass at that size.

This time out, the setup is as follows:
3 x 3 AgroMax tent
600W HPS
5 gal. DWC Bucket with a 6" airstone
6" blower pulling through a carbon filter on a thermostat, and a small circulation fan blowing across the canopy
2 x Exhale bags, placed on a heated prop mat, with a small Vornado vortex fan circulating around the plant
Temp is kept at 85 degrees
Water temp is kept between 64 - 69 degrees
Ph is kept at 5.8
Vegged with Heavy 16 Veg A/B, AN Voodoo Juice, AN B52, AN SensiCal, epsom salts (as necessary)
Flower (current): Heavy 16 Bud A/B, Voodoo Juice, B52, SensiCal, epsom salts (as necessary)
Flower (looking ahead): Replacing Voodoo Juice w/ Big Bud (week 2), to be supplanted in week 6 by Overdrive.
I do a three week flush with two rounds of FloraKleen, followed by two weeks of straight Ph'd water.

Here are two photos taken just before the light went off for its first 12/12 cycle on Saturday, 5/31...

20140601_081658.jpg
20140601_081646.jpg

I'll try to post updated photos once each week. Any comments, suggestions, questions, or otherwise are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

I figured I'd give it a few weeks, so there would a noticible change...

Today is day 20 of flowering. She appears to finally be finished with her stretch, and I'm glad for it, I'm running out of overhead room, and she's now virtually filled the square-footage of the tent, as well. I super-cropped late in week 1, and then again yesterday. That will be the last of any direct action I'll take with the plant other than removing a few leaves here or there when it's appropriate, and tying the branches up once they get too heavy. She now goes through two buckets of water each week. I give a fresh bucket of nutrients every time I've reached 100% add-back, which now takes about 3 days. The 5 gal bucket gets only 2 1/4 gal of water, to accommodate the 5" air gap that I keep below the bottom of the net pot. The most recent feeding was 1,000 ppm, and she'll get close to 1,100ppm in the next bucket, tomorrow evening. She's currently receiving Heavy 16 Bud A/B, Big Bud & B-52. She also received epsom salts (1/2 tsp/gal) in the last feeding for a magnesium boost. She'll receive the same nutrients in the next two feedings (over the next week), and at the start of week 5 I will switch out the Big Bud for Overdrive.

Here are an overhead shot, a side view, and a shot of some of the baby buds that are starting to appear...

20140619_073318.jpg
20140619_073358.jpg
20140619_073338.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom