S.O.G. Potential Yield?

DankBuds

I have a 5by5 room with 1400w's and a 4 ft. verizontal reflector? What would potentially yield the most, 12/12 from start with 100 plants or 3 week veg with 25 plants, or what would you do with this space to maximize your yield?

Your Help Is Appreciated!,
DankBuds:surf:

100 seem like a lot to me too, but 1 to 4 per square foot is what Iv been hearing, a 5by5 area is 25 sq. feet, times 4 plants per sq./ft is 100 pants. Which brought me to this question, what would potentially yield the most, 100 small ones or 25 bigger ones? Just a little confused that's all.

Thanks,
Dank B.

This is the soil grow forum. No way can you successgully grow 4 plants in a one sqft area in the dirt. Those numbers might work for hydro but not dirt. I have 16 plants in 32 sqft and it is packed. I am actually hoping for a couple of males so I can pull them for additional space. Fewer plants grown bigger will likely produce better than a room packed full of tiny plants.

This is an old post, but as an SoG grower, I respectfully disagree with Screwnuts33. I use 1 gallon pots. They measure 6.5" in diamter. Put 4 together and you have 4 plants @ 13"x13". 4 rows of 4 = 16 plants at about 26"x26". 5x5 = 25 plants at 32.5" square. My grow tables are 7.11 square feet with 25 plants. 50 plants at just over 14 square feet. My best grow to date i averaged 405 grams per light (600w HPS). So 1.8 pounds from 2 - 600's.

I started growing in Sunshine #4 with perlite, and now I'm in pure coco coir. Technically soil-less, not a dirt grow, but not hydro either.

This is an old post, but as an SoG grower, I respectfully disagree with Screwnuts33. I use 1 gallon pots. They measure 6.5" in diamter. Put 4 together and you have 4 plants @ 13"x13". 4 rows of 4 = 16 plants at about 26"x26". 5x5 = 25 plants at 32.5" square. My grow tables are 7.11 square feet with 25 plants. 50 plants at just over 14 square feet. My best grow to date i averaged 405 grams per light (600w HPS). So 1.8 pounds from 2 - 600's.

I started growing in Sunshine #4 with perlite, and now I'm in pure coco coir. Technically soil-less, not a dirt grow, but not hydro either.

50 plants yielded 1.8 pounds?

I'm a bit of a geek. I have a spreadsheet for such things...

Yield in grams 810 gr
Yield in ounces 28.57 oz
Yield in pounds 1.79 lb
Grams per plant 16.20 gr
Ounces per plant 0.57 oz
Grams per watt 0.68 gr
Grams per square meter 619.06
Pounds per kilowatt 1.49
Watts per square foot 84.38

Again, this was for two 600w HPS's. Each light over a grow table with 25 plants in 1 gallon pots. I think most growers will agree that in the Grams Per Watt department .5 gpw is considered respectable, and 1 gpw is considered exceptionally high. My grow at .68 gpw is in the range of pretty good. Same for pounds for Kw. The old school guideline is you should be able to grow 1 pound per 1000w. Most experienced growers pretty much laugh at that number. 1.5 pounds per kilowatt is respectable, but not crazy high by any means. Grams per square meter is really more of a seed bank measurement. 450-550 g/sqm is considered average. 550 plus is considered high yielding. 650 plus is exceptional. I don't think there's anything out of the ordinary about my results.

I'm a bit of a geek. I have a spreadsheet for such things...

Yield in grams 810 gr
Yield in ounces 28.57 oz
Yield in pounds 1.79 lb
Grams per plant 16.20 gr
Ounces per plant 0.57 oz
Grams per watt 0.68 gr
Grams per square meter 619.06
Pounds per kilowatt 1.49
Watts per square foot 84.38

Again, this was for two 600w HPS's. Each light over a grow table with 25 plants in 1 gallon pots. I think most growers will agree that in the Grams Per Watt department .5 gpw is considered respectable, and 1 gpw is considered exceptionally high. My grow at .68 gpw is in the range of pretty good. Same for pounds for Kw. The old school guideline is you should be able to grow 1 pound per 1000w. Most experienced growers pretty much laugh at that number. 1.5 pounds per kilowatt is respectable, but not crazy high by any means. Grams per square meter is really more of a seed bank measurement. 450-550 g/sqm is considered average. 550 plus is considered high yielding. 650 plus is exceptional. I don't think there's anything out of the ordinary about my results.

Old post but this is very true but you should be yielding more with a dialed in grow room and the right strain...!

Anyway back to the OP question, in a 5x5 space i would put 8 plants in 11 liter pots, flowered at 15 to 18 inches or 16 plants in 6.5 liter pots flowered at 8 inches!

Back
Top Bottom