Sacred Seeds - Cannabis Crossbreeding Pioneers

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Sacred Seeds, established in 1976, was the first ever Cannabis seed company in the world. Sacred Seeds followed the practice of selecting and crossbreeding pure strains to create new strains known as ‘hybrids’. They then stabilized these strains to allow them to breed true to type if reproduced from seeds of the same strain. The most famous of these hybrids ever produced was Skunk No. 1, AKA "The Pure".

Sacred Seeds, and Cultivators Choice, the company that followed it, were the first companies to cross the indica and sativa varieties of Cannabis. Crossing the two varieties produced larger, healthier, more disease-resistant plants with a sweet, potent, synergistic taste and smoke.

Super Sativa Seed Club soon followed, with some wonderful breeding by the infamous Neville. His strain, Williams Wonder, is still treasured and used by breeders around the world. I had the pleasure of growing Skunk1XBasic5, and Beatrix Choice. And the best, the original Skunk#1 circa '80.

LOL! Sacred Seeds was not the first seed company and wasn`t the first at breeding Sativa and Indica strains. I started Sunshine Seeds citra 1971 long before them. Advertised in the Barb as well as other student and underground papers of the times. At one point I was asked to join Sacred Seeds as they were just up the hill from my companies location. I declined, but I did work with them on a few strains.They were good people but I wanted to do my own thing. I`ve worked as an indepentant breeder sense then with the exception of a short stent as MC Seeds. I`m working to reastablish MC Seeds in the next few years.50 years of growing and breeding!

LOL! Sacred Seeds was not the first seed company and wasn`t the first at breeding Sativa and Indica strains. I started Sunshine Seeds citra 1971 long before them. Advertised in the Barb as well as other student and underground papers of the times. At one point I was asked to join Sacred Seeds as they were just up the hill from my companies location. I declined, but I did work with them on a few strains.They were good people but I wanted to do my own thing. I`ve worked as an indepentant breeder sense then with the exception of a short stent as MC Seeds. I`m working to reastablish MC Seeds in the next few years.50 years of growing and breeding!
Please let me know when you're up and running. I'll be a buyer and a contributor.

Back
Top Bottom