Safe pollination and handling of pollen

QnxGanja

Hey folks!

There are several questions I would like to ask and I hope someone who really knows quite a deal will answer it :) Sorry if there already are answers to my questions, in this case you might just link to them, I will be thankful :)

The first one would be, how do you safely handle pollen and pollinate only the parts of the plant you want? I've heard that pollen is pretty much hard to handle, and in most cases, accidental pollination is imminent. Is this true?

Another question, I am going to make some seeds shortly, normally I wouldn't care if different strains would cross due to accidental pollination, but the thing is, that I have limited time and limited space to do so and the strains are completely different, i.e. one is for outdoors, another for indoors (personal use), so I have to produce both strains in one room (different grow tents) at once. Is there anyway I could safely pollinate one strain with one particular bag of pollen, and another with another bag of pollen? Isn't this risky genetics-wise? EDIT: It would also be useful to know if there is anyway to safely handle hermies / males too :)

Sorry if my questions appear awkward :) I just want to get more familiar with the nature of it and also save some $$ on seeds :)

Thanks! QG. :rolleyes3

Back
Top Bottom