Pollination question

AgedMaster

I no nothing about pollinating a plant but if i had a plant that had 2 weeks left could i apply pollen from a different plant to change taste but not have seeds or would it do nothing to taste or would seeds grow within 2 weeks

Pollination has nothing to do with the taste of your currently growing plant. Pollen is the human equivalent of plant sperm, and the white 'hairs', or 'pistils', or stigma (whichever name you call it) is the equivalent of the transport to the egg. It is the system for reproduction for the plant, and is completely unrelated the the current plants' output flower.

No it would not grow viable seeds in two weeks.

Pollination has nothing to do with the taste of your currently growing plant. Pollen is the human equivalent of plant sperm, and the white 'hairs', or 'pistils', or stigma (whichever name you call it) is the equivalent of the transport to the egg. It is the system for reproduction for the plant, and is completely unrelated the the current plants' output flower.

No it would not grow viable seeds in two weeks.
Thank you u have answered everything i need to no

I no nothing about pollinating a plant but if i had a plant that had 2 weeks left could i apply pollen from a different plant to change taste but not have seeds or would it do nothing to taste or would seeds grow within 2 weeks
I agree with @Sueet, I wouldn't imagine any difference occurring to the taste of buds if the plant is pollinated.

On immature seeds; I have successfully germinated seeds that were only 16 days old, they were pale/white but they sprouted. I made a post on it in my previous grow journal here.

I agree with @Sueet, I wouldn't imagine any difference occurring to the taste of buds if the plant is pollinated.

On immature seeds; I have successfully germinated seeds that were only 16 days old, they were pale/white but they sprouted. I made a post on it in my previous grow journal here.
Wow that's crazy, I always just throw away the white ones >.> Sixteen days from pollination? wow. /stands corrected

If I could...would someone know....I have 4 plants that I germinated just to see if the seeds were good...so I have 4 plants that have been terribly treated - no sun, no heat but I left them grow just for the hell of it and now that the weather has turned a bit they seem to be doing pretty good.
I thought they were all females but when up potting I noticed this...
DSC05824.JPG

Here is the top...does this not look like female???
DSC05823.JPG

At first I just chucked the male out on the snow bank, bare root, and was going to put in the worm bin...but three hours later I thought it would be fun to see if it would survive. Now if left alone they will reveg but I was wondering if these are nanners or hermi pods will they give me feminized pollen?? Since the offspring would not be treated so badly they may not hermi??
Opinions????

Sorry to hijack your thead @agedmaster !! but this question seemed to fit this thread!!

Wow that's crazy, I always just throw away the white ones >.> Sixteen days from pollination? wow. /stands corrected
From general advice I had assumed they wouldn't be viable, but it was a good opportunity to test that and I was very surprised to find the experience was different from accepted wisdom. But surely at 16 days it must be close to the limit.

If I could...would someone know....I have 4 plants that I germinated just to see if the seeds were good...so I have 4 plants that have been terribly treated - no sun, no heat but I left them grow just for the hell of it and now that the weather has turned a bit they seem to be doing pretty good.
I thought they were all females but when up potting I noticed this...
DSC05824.JPG

Here is the top...does this not look like female???
DSC05823.JPG

At first I just chucked the male out on the snow bank, bare root, and was going to put in the worm bin...but three hours later I thought it would be fun to see if it would survive. Now if left alone they will reveg but I was wondering if these are nanners or hermi pods will they give me feminized pollen?? Since the offspring would not be treated so badly they may not hermi??
Opinions????

Sorry to hijack your thead @agedmaster !! but this question seemed to fit this thread!!
I don't have expertise in this and can only say that I would assume the same as you. That the female hermied due to stress and her pollen would be female. I also assume the offspring if treated well would be not so likely to hermie, but that is not coming from my experience, it's just from what I have read.

@BuzzzD, I see balls, not “nanners”, which says true hermie to me, regardless of the cause. I wouldn’t count on the pollen producing all females,
It’s just as likely to Produce more hermies. Had there been nanners (rodelization) then I would go with all female seeds.

@BuzzzD, I see balls, not “nanners”, which says true hermie to me, regardless of the cause. I wouldn’t count on the pollen producing all females,
It’s just as likely to Produce more hermies. Had there been nanners (rodelization) then I would go with all female seeds.
The balls should start to open up as they mature and the bananas will be seen. The photo is of a male (a clone) and shows both the immature balls and balls that are in several stages of opening up.

full

Back
Top Bottom