San Light Q4W v2 - Distance from Plants

matttimo

420 Member
Hi 420 friends, first time grower here,

I am using TWO San Light Q4W v2 in 1m2 grow room. And I have a hard time deciding how far away from the seedlings and vegging they should be. Lately I have noticed some stunted growth and a minor curling upwards on few leaves. Does anyone have any idea on the best distance?

Thanks for help :)

I am not able to find a good source of information regarding that. Where I bought the lights I was told to keep them quite far from the seedlings.

Hi @mattimo - from their website - for one of those lamps:

'SANlight recommend a distance of 35-45cm between the light and the canopy for younger plants and seedlings and 50-60cm for more established plants. Plants will noticeably consume less water with the reduction of heat coming from these LED’s. The Q4W a perfect grow light for a space of 1 m²'

2 x Q4W > 400 NDL
Recommended distance to canopy 1.1-1.3ftCoverage (1m x 1m area)
Vegetative Stage: 1-2 Q4W
Flowering Stage: 2x Q4W

However, I'd start at about 60cm (2') to make sure it doesn't burn, then drop it to 45cm if all is good
Temp/RH have to be factored in too - my ideal for young plants is about 22C & 70-80% RH but you'll have to judge it as no two setups are the same
Good Luck

@Growings - You again :D. Can I support you with a beer? Great help!

I have had them at 1.40m and it has worked fine but just lowered them to 91cm. (36 inches).
My babies, Green Gelato likes it warmer at around 25-26c so the grow room is at 26 during the day, and 24-25 during night. Crazy strain from California.

@Growings - You again :D. Can I support you with a beer? Great help!

I have had them at 1.40m and it has worked fine but just lowered them to 91cm. (36 inches).
My babies, Green Gelato likes it warmer at around 25-26c so the grow room is at 26 during the day, and 24-25 during night. Crazy strain from California.
I'm usually lurking about somewhere :cool:
Sounds like a plan to me :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom