Schuette: Hotel Owners Could ban Medical Marijuana

Jacob Bell

LANSING, Mich. (AP) – Michigan's attorney general has issued an opinion saying the owner of an apartment building, hotel or similar facility can prohibit the use or growing of medical marijuana anywhere in the building.

The opinion issued this week by Republican Bill Schuette says the voter-approved medical marijuana law from 2008 would not prevent an apartment or hotel owner from banning the drug.

Schuette said the 2008 law prohibits patients from smoking the drug in public areas of restaurants, motels, apartment buildings and other public places.

He says the state's medical marijuana law needs clarification. Medical marijuana advocates say he's trying to make it more difficult to get and grow the drug.

news28.jpg

News Hawk- Jacob Ebel 420 MAGAZINE
Source: chron.com
Copyright: Hearst Communications Inc.

Any government official that is spending time on regulating voter approved medical marijuana is WASTING citizens scant resources while oppressing sick people.

STOP. DO YOU'RE REAL JOB.

Why would he want to do his real job?
He would then have to change direction, from ignoring. , disrespecting state laws. To actually defending it.
Throw Oakland county sherrif's department in there too.
They committed a known FELONY three times. Publicly no less and no discipline, no charges by the prosecutors office either?
Talk about governmental collusion against their own citizenry.
What good is our democracy anymore?
Our elected officials do whatever they want to us no matter what laws we force them to adopt.

Sorry for the rant....

Make sure to sign the recall petitions that are going around for Slicky Billy and the Nerd. Both need to know that the people are getting fed up, and we want to replace some of the useless elected officials in Lansing.

Don't stop fighting for your rights.

:bravo:

Thanks. I'm going to look into gathering signatures. I am working 12 hours 6 days a week, but we need to recall Schutte. Get someone who is interested in upholding state law, not weakening or just trying to destroy them.
Thanks to Bill, the feds have my private health information.
Aren't HIPPA laws supposed to protect that information from prying eyes?
Not to mention the supposed privacy rules written into the MMMA.

Thanks. I'm going to look into gathering signatures. I am working 12 hours 6 days a week, but we need to recall Schutte. Get someone who is interested in upholding state law, not weakening or just trying to destroy them.
Thanks to Bill, the feds have my private health information.
Aren't HIPPA laws supposed to protect that information from prying eyes?
Not to mention the supposed privacy rules written into the MMMA.

If everyone who has a MM card gets 8 people to sign up, we have the signatures to put on ballot.

Aim for 8. Fill up one sheet.

Mind you the SOS will try to thow out as many signatures as possible when they confirm, so attention to detail is very important for each and every entry. Just request people take time and print clearly :) Sign clearly, not scribble signatures. (like mine usually is)

Back
Top Bottom