Sea of Green - Filling some knowledge gaps - Please help!

shen nong

Hello everyone!

Let's get right into it? First an overview:

The Two Stations
Station 1 - 60cm x 50cm x 160cm - Mother / Veg Space - 2 Mothers
Station 2 - 80cm x 80cm x 160cm - Flower Space - X Clones (to be determined with this thread!)

The Procedure
- Take X amount of clones every 2 weeks, selectable from 2 mothers.
- 1-2 weeks rooting.
- Move to X size pots and move to Station 2.

Questions So Far
1) Mother pots. Root pouches seem godly for controlling a mothers root growth. Are 8L pouches feasible final homes for the mothers, age 2 months, that will each have 2-3 clones cut from them every 2 weeks?

2) Root cutting the mothers to control growth. This seems to be one of the most horrible things you could do and due to how fu*ked it sounds in theory alone, I am skeptical. But realistically, can someone elaborate on this? Is it a necessity? Does it maybe not cause as much stress and malforming as I imagine? Can a root pouch nullify this situation altogether, by not allowing the plant to produce excess roots?

3) You know the space of Station 2 now. How many pots / what physical size / what Liter size makes sense
here? Do 16 x 3,5L (19cm x 19cm) make sense? That would perfectly fill the tent. But are 20 smaller pots maybe better?
My thoughts: Maybe the full 3,5L aren't even needed and the same effect can be reached with e.g. 2,5L pots - which space-wise would allow 20 harvest sites, instead of 16.

4) Finally: Can someone link a picture of a fully rooted clone (ideally in a Gr*d*n rockwool cube!) that is ready to change rooms? By this point I've looked at too many pictures to make a good judgement, lol.

5) Bonus Question: I've seen a bunch of videos on taking a clone and preparing it (= cutting away stuff) before putting it in the rockwool cube. More than 1 technique was used. Do you have a favorite video / online article on taking + prepping the clone? Please share! Will feedback.

Thanks for all the answers guys! ^^

Back
Top Bottom