Searles Organic Potting Mix: Australian brand, hot or not for autoflowers

Smokeyfromoz

Searles Premium Organic Potting Mix is a premium grade potting mix containing a unique blend of selected organic ingredients. This organic potting mix is boosted with:

- 5IN1® Organic Plant Food Pellets
- SeaMax® Fish & Kelp
- Blood & Bone
- Potash Bloom Booster

This premium blend of organic and natural ingredients is designed for sustainable and organic growing of potted plants. This mix has excellent water retention properties while also allowing ideal drainage, providing the right conditions for your loved plants.

- This mix contains sufficient organic fertilisers for up to 4 months feed

-----

Potash bloom booster N 0, P 4%, K 20%

SeaMax Fish and Kelp NPK: 10.3 : 2.5 : 2.5

5in1
- BFA Registered 100% organic and natural.

- Premium high nutrient organic fertiliser. NPK: 3.25 : 2 : 1.7

- Promotes strong healthy plant growth, brilliant blooms and rich, healthy fruit & vegetables.

- Unique blend of premium grade natural ingredients for superior results.

- Adds long life humus build up to the soil, encouraging healthy microbial and earthworm activity

----------------

Currently use Searles Premium Advanced Potting Mix with 12 month time release nutrients

Would this be a bit hot for Autos the organic or too much ? looks good. It has to be specially ordered in to Bunnings harware stores

Always skeptical when labels are written that way and call it "organic".

Looking at the NPK it doesn't look too hot. Don't think it really matters weather they are AUTOs or photo period.

Its a weed so prolly grow in it no problem. Seedlings I'd start it a starter mix which is usually mostly peat based mix. Say EWC/peat is good. I use peat pellets for seedlings then into an old soil mix I have laying around that I've used already a ton.

It's the seedling stage you need to worry about soil being too hot and/or too wet or too dry.

Thanks Bobrown for the reply and advice.
Maybe some peat mixed into the main organic soil with perlite would be nice also

I start them off in seed riasing mix but, the peat based mix sounds better, i have a worm farm so can use the EWC with peat.

I'll make my own organic someday, Searles is a big brand here in Australia so it is probably better than some of the other Australian brands

Worms for the win brother.

You do the base 3 - Peat + Humus + per-lite

A few amendments and you're golden.

The humus is the most important part - you have a worm farm.

You should try growing without fertilizer and make your own soil.

You already there.

You have a vermi-compost bin or a real worm bin(s)??

We run 2 Vermi bins - gardens growing wild.

Thanks Bro, This time will get the Searles organic. I dont think i have enough in the worm farm. It's one with a tap, the bottom layer, their pee and poo, i assume is the castings, not much of that, maybe 2 litres maximum. I have the other layers (plastic boxes in the shed), need more worms lol

May plan for the late spring summer grow to be fully organic. I noticed Searles has Aglime and other items
Miscellaneous Ingredients | Searles Gardening

At lease the Searles wont burn the girls, with the NPK values ?

I was looking at the amendments
such as neem meal, kelp meal , malted barley, some rock minerals, maybe some benefitical mushroom spores..

The rest time for the organic homemade soil, what's a good rest time.

BoBrown, i was reading Fast buds had a great write up on organic, so buy summer will have a compost - 3 bins to start the process, in the meantime i tink the searles will be a step forward over the chem release one i have used in the first 2 grows

I have a ton of wondering jew ( think its the name) ground cover is a pest, but should make some nice soil once broken down

Wandering Jew has a bunch of natural growth hormones. IBA is one. Its good for promoting root growth and can be made into a tea and used with clones like they do with the synthetic versions like the gels and powders.

Check it out. Should make good compost. Try and get it before it goes to seed! lol

We keep our weeded seeded stuff separate from our vermi-compost. Last year a few tomatoes made it in the vermi bins. We were weeding tomatoes for a month this spring. Easy enough but the Wandering Jew might be a challenge!

:thumb: Hello Bo Brown, thanks mate for the reply. That's good heaps of wondering Jew, good to know its good stuff to use, dont want it to sprout in the pots lol

good idea, tomotoes and weeds would love the compost soil in the vermi compost

Hello Bo Brown
That's interesting bro, the oragnic Searles and their compost is good also, contains worm castings in it

- Excellent soil conditioner.
- Helps retain soil moisture and nutrients to assist in plant growth.
- Boosted with fish & seaweed.
- Encourages microbial and earthworm activity.
- Contains clay breaker to help break up and aerate heavy clay soils.
- Helps build up deficient, sandy soils.
- Adds valuable long life humus to the soil, activating greater plant health.
- Contains vermicast worm castings.
- Certified 100% Organic.

Maybe a little combo of Searles Organic potting mix and compost with some perlite should be good maybe

Searles Premium Organic Potting Mix is a premium grade potting mix containing a unique blend of selected organic ingredients. This organic potting mix is boosted with:

- 5IN1® Organic Plant Food Pellets
- SeaMax® Fish & Kelp
- Blood & Bone
- Potash Bloom Booster

This premium blend of organic and natural ingredients is designed for sustainable and organic growing of potted plants. This mix has excellent water retention properties while also allowing ideal drainage, providing the right conditions for your loved plants.

- This mix contains sufficient organic fertilisers for up to 4 months feed

-----

Potash bloom booster N 0, P 4%, K 20%

SeaMax Fish and Kelp NPK: 10.3 : 2.5 : 2.5

5in1
- BFA Registered 100% organic and natural.

- Premium high nutrient organic fertiliser. NPK: 3.25 : 2 : 1.7

- Promotes strong healthy plant growth, brilliant blooms and rich, healthy fruit & vegetables.

- Unique blend of premium grade natural ingredients for superior results.

- Adds long life humus build up to the soil, encouraging healthy microbial and earthworm activity

----------------

Currently use Searles Premium Advanced Potting Mix with 12 month time release nutrients

Would this be a bit hot for Autos the organic or too much ? looks good. It has to be specially ordered in to Bunnings harware stores
Bro I use searles and only searles , for one .....our options are extremely limited here in Australia. And number two.....searles has never let me down . Its not too hot . Take a look at some of my pics I've posted of my backyard grows . Beautiful healthy plants and perfect for ganja . Just make sure you don't give them extra nutes until day 10-12 and your sweet. Yes I give them extra fertilizer on top of what is already in the mix and they love it . I don't go heavy on it but yes every second water is fresh mild strength nutes. Plain water to small run off, then three quarter strength nutes next water , then plain water again etc etc

Back
Top Bottom