Seed breeding - Forcing hermie questions

northernmed

Hi Guys, new to this forum. Been on a different site for years but thought I'd check this one out. Medical patient from Canada here. Have been wondering a few things about seed breeding.

1-I've read many times that forcing a plant to hermie and using that pollen on a different female is a good way to create female seeds. What will create hermie seeds? My thinking is that if the plant pollinates itself it might be more likely to produce hermie seeds? and also if the plant goes hermie without much agitation then that probably isn't pollen you want to use.

2- I have some auto flowering plants at the moment. they are regular. they are a purple variety, and i also have a nice purple female that is starting to flower. Now how likely is it that if i cross the auto with the photo period purple, that the resulting seeds will be autoflowering? I'm thinking a very small percentage, if any at all.

is there any chance that when inbreeding those autos that the resulting seeds would not be auto?

thanks for any info in advance. Happy smoking :theband:

Okay, thanks for the links.

How effective are the other ways to create a hermie? for example, if I just screwed with the lighting schedule of a female to cause her to hermie.

Also any input for my other questions?

Back
Top Bottom