Seedlings in DWC. stretching too far?

r1tony

The seedlings are about 1 week old since popping up threw root plugs. Are they stretching too much for the light? Seems most plants I see are bushy and small, mine are getting stretched and tiny leaves only.

Am i too impatient or is something wrong?

seed02.jpg

seed01.jpg

right now they are in ph corrected bubble tub and being sprayed with same water every so often, no nutes. Lights are about 3-4 inches above them, just one 100watt eq full specrum CFL.

Hi R1, I am a beginner at this looking to start my grow within the next couple of weeks, but from the research and the pics I have seen on 420 I found that about 2'' away at this stage would be appropriate with the lighting that you are using. This will keep the plant from using energy to stretch vertically trying to reach the light. Again I am very new at this just sharing some points that I have read. I'm sure these guys around here can and will be along to give you some expert advice. Oh yeah, make sure you do check out the forums on lighting and other beginner grow suggestions offered on 420. Roseman has some excellent material definitely worthy of taking notes! Good luck!

Good luck with your grow, thanks for advice and links I will read some more on this. Again.. be safe have a good one.

Great info Healing. You could tell I needed help on posting links lol. Thanks for the link. :tokin:

yeah seedlings stretch out quite a bit but then the stalk thickens up and the secondary leaves pop and it looks more normal.... keep some airflow on it but not too much so the stalk can get strong enough to support new growth

Good info.. thank you. I will be patient and get a low fan on it for now. I also put on some mylar on the caps to reflect light back up. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom