Seedlings turning yellow

mifoss

Hello guys! im a new grower.

Im having some troubles with my two seedlings. They are both yellow here and there. They are 5 days old.

What Strain is it? THC Bomb
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Indica/Sativa (65/35)
How Many Plants? 2
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Seedling
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? I bought some soil at the garden house. I asked for something that tomatoes grow good in. (really mad at myself for not ordering good soil, I have already ordered good soil for next time)
If Soil... What Size Pot? Round Fabric Grow Pots Plant Bag Smart Root Container White Multiple Sizes | eBay
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1 CFL 125 watts 2500k with reflector. (2-3 inches above plant)
Is it Air Cooled? Its in my closet with the closet door up, have my window open at night.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 20-25 C
RH of Room/Cabinet? Not sure
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Ph of medium is around 6. same with my water. have bought limestone but unsure how to add to soil.
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? I think i really messed up when i planted the seeds. I came straight home from buying soil and i put in the pots, put in the seeds and and watered it the first day! I shouldt have done this, the soil was already moist. ;( Other than that, ive watered 1 time since the first day.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? To make things worse, I also added the full dose of nutrient KIND BASE and KIND GROW. All that + water on the same day. Big mistake. It might be nutrient burn?
Size or Square Footage of Room? Doesnt matter now i guess?

I appreciate all the help and comments that may come my way!

This will help you upload photos: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Is this light 125 real watts, or 125 equivalent watts?

PH should be around 6.5 for soil, 6.0 is too low to get Phosphorous, Calcium and Magnesium.

No nutes for the first few weeks in soil. Flush the soil with plain water.

Your plants show signs of stretching also, the light might be too far...

Hey, thanks for commenting.

125 real watts. So i need to add limestone, how do i go about this with the seedling already in the soil?

The first few days i had the light way to far up, but i realized a few days ago so i lowered to 2-3 inches above the plants.

I just added a table spoon of limestone (powder) to each plant. Ph meter showed 5.5 Ph in each pot so a tablespoon should do it? How long before i notice the effect ?

Don't just go adding things to the babies as they are developing a cell wall and becoming strong enough to be self sufficient. I would say that they are good to grow. I'd do 100ml of straight water and call it a day for them. Check my signature for the link on Nutes it's very helpful.

What do you mean by "things"? I already stated what I have added. And ur saying i should ignore the PH?

What do you mean by "things"? I already stated what I have added. And ur saying i should ignore the PH?
As a "seedling" your plant isn't yet ready to process nutrient or what ever additive you may use. It could possibly shock or kill the plant is all. PH in soil shouldn't be a problem that can't be fixed by flushing. Just run water through the pot till the runoff is clear.
Pics?

Yes, i already know that was a mistake. Ofc the PH in soil will become a problem when it is 5.5?
I did flush the plant who looked the most yellow, and the PH of the run off was 6.4.

20141106_212716_1_.jpg

How would you say my ladies are doing? :))

Update

Yea, you you're right, this soil holds water for too long, and i didnt add perlie. so I havent watered them much at all. The flush didnt work so well. But the other plant looks pretty healtyh to me. What do you think?

They are now 10 days old. I ordered 20 liters of Fox farm ocean petting soil. These containers are 3 liters so I was thinking moving the plant into a bigger container and use the Fox farm. Should be here around 15-25. Novemer.
20141109_204049.jpg

20141109_204058.jpg

I have a seedling that is in coco that just popped out of the ground today and it looks yellow as hell I water with pH water of 5.8-5.9 using coco tek it is a White Widow using tap water with a ppm of 180 any help would be great

Back
Top Bottom