Seedlings

Efnordlund

I am a new grower. I have two plants started at different times, one is 1" tall and the other is about 2" tall. They both appear to have 4 leaves and the stem is about 1/16" thick, is this the way that they should be? When should I expect more branch,s to form?

420-magazine-mobile298571452.jpg

Welcome to 420!

Sounds like you have the seed leaves (cotyledons) and first pair of true leaves. Early seedling growth is very slow because 90% of growth is below ground. Speed of growth depends on lot of factors like light and temp. could be about a week to see 2nd pair and 3rd pair (hopefully with 5 fingered leaves) within 2 weeks. At that point roots are well established and leaves are producing enough energy for growth to start picking up steadily. If it takes a little longer don't panic. There's a lot of variation.

Welcome to 420!

Sounds like you have the seed leaves (cotyledons) and first pair of true leaves. Early seedling growth is very slow because 90% of growth is below ground. Speed of growth depends on lot of factors like light and temp. could be about a week to see 2nd pair and 3rd pair (hopefully with 5 fingered leaves) within 2 weeks. At that point roots are well established and leaves are producing enough energy for growth to start picking up steadily. If it takes a little longer don't panic. There's a lot of variation.

Thank you, makes me feel better

These two will eventually end up in 5 gallon pails, with self watering built into them. Used the pails at one time for tomatoes and worked very well, for tomatoes that is.

Back
Top Bottom