Seeds are better than clones

conwayakers

I just found out the hard way. I had two store bought cheapo stuff seeds and bought three high end clones. the money spent on dirt/light/food is soo not worth wasting on clones in my opinion. I won't toss them because I can't lol but I have to be done for month at the end of cycle anyway so I got three of five pots just a total waste. (even if I replaced them I need 3 month old plants) It's like losing 3K plus five five months with three months left to go. thats not cash in my pocket that's cash that will now be out of pocket as I have cronic pain, etc. The clones (my first time) are more like branches trying to grow. Kinda like a butchered retarded kid compared to a real plant. Unfortunately this is a hard loss for me as I love them anyway. the real pisser is the one I gave the 13gl pot to is the smallest. maybe 9" at three months and starting to bud. At least the two seeds are doing fine.

Don't give up on cloning your own plants! When you get a plant that impresses you during the Veg phase, it's just about free and with some practice you can grow some really nice mature plants without more than a few bucks being invested. Best of all, if the strain helps with your medical condition, you know it's genetics will be identical time after time. Yes, the taproot is missing on a clone, but given a few weeks, it will not know or care if it has a taproot. Seeds are still my favorite mostly for the thrill of the process from dust to dust, but cloning can also be a very rewarding process, it just takes a little practice. I find it difficult to tell if a plant is a clone or from seed once it's flowering, but I am by no means an expert grower.
:riskybusiness:
Best of Luck

It sounds like maybe the 9" one has some issues, perhaps overwatering if it's in such a huge pot for its size. A clone is a plant grown from seed- you just skipped the seedling phase and are using a mature branch. They do start out a little goofy looking and branchy. Once they grow a while there is no difference.

Seeds are not better than clones; clones are not better than seeds. They are different and it depends on what you are doing.

I would only use clones from a farmer that I trust. It's not the clones fault.

~ Auggie ~

Back
Top Bottom