Several weeks into flowering and questions, thoughts appreciated(pics).

CapWasHere

I'm now several weeks into 12/12 and for the most part my girl is getting along nicely. Shortly before setting the lights back she was transplanted and I discovered she'd become root bound. I had hoped that the new much larger bucket would have solved my problem. This is a closet grow, temperatures between 75 and 85. I do not have a pH meter or a humidity gauge (yet).

This is the whole setup
whole2.jpg

This is my first grow, so its all trial and error at this point, but I did not mix anything into the new soil to help the roots get air. This is the lowest set of leaves.

lower.jpg

After the last transplant the lowest leaves have continued to yellow and die. I'm really curious to see if i'm safe to re-pot it and add something to help breathing, or if I should just press on at this point (nearly 3 weeks of full 12/12 cycle).

Switching gears. I'd like to take two flowering clones, but i'm not sure on exactly where to take them from.

stalk2.jpg

Here's the bulk of the midsection. My first guess is the top branching on the right side would be a good place, but i'm taking suggestions.

Here's the top of my plant, but i'm just showing off at this point :yummy:

topper1.jpg

wholeclose.jpg

stalk11.jpg

I very recently switched to Fox Farms Big Bloom, hopefully i'll have some good results. For reference, this is a closet grow. I'm using 2x 2ft Flouro's with Plant and Aquarium bulbs. Around the plant are 2 posterboards to reflect light down to the lower area. There is also a small box fan running in the closet for circulation.

So, comments, suggestions, i'm still very much learning but having quite a bit of fun along the way.

High there. Read this if you wish:

What is a flowering clone?

I'd suggest getting some of those 150W equivalent twisty compact fluorescent bulbs...maybe 6 or 12. Use the devices that split one light socket into two. By screwing 3 together you can get 2 lights per socket. Read through this too:

Boss's Poor Mans Grow

I can't speak about the transplanting at this point. Someone will help though. :peace:

lol I guess I type too slow...

I've been reading on both those links, there's quite a bit of information to soak up. Any suggestions as to whether or not to re-pot? I'm just nervous that this could affect my overall yield. Also, on a more goofy note, if I were in theory to add a drop of food coloring to water for a plant could it have a noticeable affect on final color? More importantly would it have an adverse effect? I wouldn't consider doing it on a serious grow, but its something I might try with some low quality seed just for kicks.

Anyway, since i'm in a toot my own horn mood, here's a link to my 2nd grow which i've started a journal for. Crossing my fingers for a girl :)

2nd Grow. Bag seed from some very purple bud. Pics inside.

Your no where near harvest if the pics are current. i would transplant. IMO by not transplanting you will effect yyield more than transplanting would. Just be extremely careful and all should go well. i've transplanted as late as week 5 of aa 8 week strain without any harm or noticeable effect.

Pics were taken today. The pot the plant was in before was a fraction of the size of the current one, so would I be OK re-potting it with a mix of perlite in the soil this time around? Also, how much should I try to mess with the roots before re-planting? I've read that when dealing with a rootbound plant you should try to loosen the ball before re-planting. Is this true?

Your no where near harvest if the pics are current. i would transplant. IMO by not transplanting you will effect yyield more than transplanting would. Just be extremely careful and all should go well. i've transplanted as late as week 5 of aa 8 week strain without any harm or noticeable effect.

clarification, no noticeable effect was referring to bad things right? not that re-potting it had no noticeable effect?

Hello again. Transplanted my big one along with my little one today.

picresized_th_Soil.jpg

I got some perlite in there, but i'm still slightly concerned. When we got a good look at the root ball it didn't appear to be bound, the roots where pretty spread out. Despite this i'm still getting more and more yellowing on my lower leaves. My only guess is despite the reflecting boards there is still not enough light at the bottom of the plant.

picresized_th_girl.jpg

Also, I made a post a while back about the blemish that can be seen on the leaf on the lower left. I've since been feeding it regularly, but some other leaves have started to show the same type of blemish as well. Is it possible i'm still underfeeding? I mixed about 2 tablespoons into a gallon of water. The bottle called for 4 so I figured i'd be safe there.

Back
Top Bottom