Sharksbreath Growing Advice Sought

FlyingTeapot

Hi,

so, I am rather new to all this & am looking for some helpful advice.

I’m into Day 20 (coming up to 3 weeks), growing 3 sharksbreath plants in a indoor tent setup. My lighting is set to 18hrs light, 6hrs dark. I’ve implemented a feeding routine (feed obtained from my local grow-shop) & all 3 plants are progressing at a healthy pace. Each plant is about to produce their 4th level of leaves.

I have 2 questions, for which I’d appreciate anyone’s views:

1. Would you recommend ‘pinching out’ the growing tip, so that the plant “bushes out” more?
2. At what week, should I change my lighting over to 12hrs light, 12hrs dark, to induce flowering?

Thanks for any responses,

PJ

@FlyingTeapot, welcome.

I am hoping that you did do a search on the internet to pick up some info about the Shark's Breath (or sometimes called Sharksbreath) strain. I just did a quick search and by reading the little synopsis for each suggested article it looks like a decent strain, hard hitting and then mellowing out. I suggest doing a search and then reading several articles.

As to your two questions. What little I read suggests that the plant is naturally bushy and does not grow very tall at all. Pruning would then be up to you but it sounds like it will "bush out" on its own. You will have to find out if that strain likes to be trimmed by pinching out the top growth. Plan ahead and figure out how much space you will need before the tops of the plants are to close to your lights.

Regarding the second question, I have not seen anything yet that specifically says that the strain is an autoflowering one, but I read that the plant starts flowering on the 8th or 9th week. It might be an auto flower strain so you will have no choice when it starts to flower. More reading would be needed on that.

Have a good day.

If you are new to growing then you will have to try several techniques to figure out what you prefer and what the plants like, each strain is different, as is each grower. Understand your limitations and what your needs are and decide from there.

1. Some factors that determine your coarse of action would be height restrictions of your grow space, amount of time you have to spend with your plants(if you top you should probably lst it as well), light source(ie; single point like HPS or multi point like LED).

2. As for when to switch some of the factors that determine this include but are not limited to; your immediate need, how much you are looking to harvest(the longer the veg the more flowers in the end), the square footage available for the canopy, and your finances(do you have money to buy meds until harvest)(is the electricity cost prohibitive where you live).

Since you have 3 plants, try as many different things as you can and find out what you like, the plant will adapt to many conditions because of its versatility.

Good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom