Sheriff say boy was fed cookie with marijuana

Urdedpal

A 17-year-old Monte Vista High student could spend up to four years in the state youth authority for feeding a marijuana-laced cookie to a 4-year-old boy in an on-campus day care, authorities said Tuesday.
The teenager was charged Friday with furnishing marijuana, which is a felony, said Contra Costa sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee. He has not been identified because he is a minor.
School officials contacted the high school's resource officer Feb. 22 after the incident was brought to their attention by another student. The boy was fed the cookie the day before.
The child was attending day care on the Danville campus, which is operated as part of a Regional Occupational Program for high school students interested in careers with children.
The student was suspended beginning today, said Terry Koehne, spokesman for the San Ramon Valley Unified School District. He did not know how long the suspension will last or whether the student will ultimately be expelled. "We're investigating," Koehne said.
About 20 to 25 Monte Vista juniors and seniors help care for the children under the supervision of instructors. "We really don't think it had anything to do with the lack of supervision," Koehne said.
Koehne's hope is that the incident will not have a negative impact on the program, which is extremely popular among parents of 4- and 5-year-olds. The day care has a waiting list, as it's the only program of its kind in the district, Koehne said.
The 4-year-old was taken to the hospital and seemed to be fine, Lee said. He reportedly ate about half of the tainted treat. "We don't know whether the 17-year-old specifically picked that child to feed the cookie to over others in the class," Lee said.
Steve Loveseth, Contra Costa Health Services' program manager for alcohol and other drugs, said it's unlikely the child will suffer any lasting side effects.
"We don't know what the strength of the marijuana was, how much was in the cookie or how much the child actually ingested," he said. "Many drugs have a different effect on someone of that age and any drug has the potential to do harm, but in terms of toxicity, marijuana might be one of the least toxic."
There's no evidence to suggest the teenager gave a marijuana-laced cookie to any other children, Lee said.
During the investigation, a deputy found vodka, beer, rolling papers and marijuana residue inside the teenager's car. He was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, possession of marijuana and possession of alcohol. He was taken to juvenile hall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reach Kelli Phillips at 925-945-4782 or kphillips2@cctimes.com
Reach Sophia Kazmi at 925-847-2122 or skazmi@cctimes.com
By Kelli Phillips and Sophia KazmiCONTRA COSTA TIMES
Contra Costa & Alameda News, Sports, Jobs, Cars and Real Estate

Yeah, that little bastard deserves what he got (the 17 year old, lol).

Hope he finds himself a butt-buddy or two or ten in the joint. :15: Speaking of joints may all his future smoke be schwag, more seed and stem than smoke. When he tokes.......may he choke, and get a nasty 'eye' hit every time too. At the same time I wish for fine health and vigor for this perp (that way he NEVER gets a marijuana medical card). I hope your friends and parents turn their backs on you too, you piece of shit.........
Otherwise.......peace, love, and kind karma to all who use responsibly be it recreationally or medicinally.....:bong:

a 4 year old come on... That's just wrong.

omg that is fucked.. I have a 3yr old and I would personalt rip the balls off some "Boy" who did that to my child!! Sick Fuck... >.<

Case Closed....if that fukin kid thought life was tuff...wait til he gets a load of some real shit.....it's a shame there are sooo many stupid kids out there.';)

Back
Top Bottom