Short long cabinet - How to utilize the space

Backward

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has some tips for working in a short area, its about 2.6' high, 2.8 with the bottom cut 2 feet wide and 7 feet long.

Wondering how best to utilize the space, thinking I should do a kinda tray like setup they got on lettuce farms, just wondering things to be aware of when having relatively shallow

Questions like, what is the strongest substrate to use to support the plant aside from manually using strings?

Any links to systems that ran under such constraints?

I found the right lighting, vents,

Thanks

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has some tips for working in a short area, its about 2.6' high, 2.8 with the bottom cut 2 feet wide and 7 feet long.

Wondering how best to utilize the space, thinking I should do a kinda tray like setup they got on lettuce farms, just wondering things to be aware of when having relatively shallow

Questions like, what is the strongest substrate to use to support the plant aside from manually using strings?

Any links to systems that ran under such constraints?

I found the right lighting, vents,

Thanks
The only thing I can suggest is to train the hell out of it and keep it low. Maybe a screen would help. Some people use string and some use wire like you get at the hardware store for doing livestock fencing. A shallower container for your growing medium would help with height but you should make sure it still provides enough space for the roots and if you're growing in dirt it will dry quicker the shallower it is.

I would turn it on its end and seal the side that was originally the bottom and if you can fit one plant only, it will produce much more with a 7 foot height to work with you can grow a much taller plant=much longer larger colas= increased yield=a happy grower. That is what I would personally do if it were my decision to make.
(Food for thought). :yummy:

I would turn it on its end and seal the side that was originally the bottom and if you can fit one plant only, it will produce much more with a 7 foot height to work with you can grow a much taller plant=much longer larger colas= increased yield=a happy grower. That is what I would personally do if it were my decision to make.
(Food for thought). :yummy:
I change my answer. This one makes way more sense. Do this one.

CBDstrainman has a good point. However, if you need to keep it the way it is or you are just stubborn like me; you could always do some google searchs for Bonsai Cascading style and Semi-Cascading style. Essentially train the plant to grow over the edge of the pot, drop down a few inches and grow horizontal. You could at that point utilize a scrog like set up. Not sure if it would work but might be fun to try. If you decide to run a grow journal I would sub for sure.

Yea CBDstrainman's idea is good if you have powerful lighting, but if you're doing cfl or something you might want to top and keep them short, cause the light intensity only goes so far down the plant. Just a thought we all use diff lights and if I grew a 7ft tall plant then flowered it with my cfl's I don't think there'd be much good bud haha. Compared to if I keep short. My two cents but if you are using strong lighting do what he said I guess.

Back
Top Bottom