Should I defoliate my auto flower?

BrokrnEyes

I know, I know the number one thing you never do with auto flowers is defoliate BUT here's the situation. The resin glands have appeared and are starting to turn white, I'm a few weeks from harvest and the past several days leaves have started to die as the nitrogen is being transferred from the older leaves to the bud. So far I've been letting the leaves drop off and then disposing of them, and there are no insects for at least the next month in my area but I am none the less wondering if I should start trimming back the firing leaves as about twenty percent of them have turned brown now. Would trimming the leaves hurt the plant seeing as they are already going or should I let them fall off naturally? I'm just curious if trimming them would benefit the bud so that the nutrients are going to the parts of the plant that are still active and not in the process of shutting down.

I was taught, as a rule to remove any leaf with over 50 percent of the leaf surface damaged or dead regardless of plant type.

I'm following that rule with my auto flowers and they don't seem to mind at all.

Either is fine. Removing the partly dead leaves makes it easier to see how the plant is doing as you can see how many more are dieing against the mostly green plant easier. But leaving them until they are dry and brown means the plant took all the nutrients and water from them first. But it my experience it does not make much difference.

Just don't "defoliate" healthy leaves that is counter productive and slows plant growth.

Should I trim these new shoots, they are growing off the lowest branches

20220426_181029.jpg

Should I trim these new shoots, they are growing off the lowest branches

20220426_181029.jpg
Hey @Lucypher304 that thread is from 2016 my friend.
No one is home.
Top left corner has the date.
I saw you asked the same question in another old thread.
Did you get a satisfactory answer?
If you have a question use this link and start your own.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Back
Top Bottom