sick plant first time grower needs help.

CalVet420

i have my first set of girls flowering now. But my mother plant is sick. I took a couple of pictures.

Here's a little history of the girl. She was a cutting off an outdoor grow from the last season and my first clone. I have it under 3 26watt cfl's with aluminum can bat wing reflectors that i made. I thought I had some issues with my soil plus it was time to trim her roots I thought anyway.

I figured this was good time to transplant her into some new soil. I'm using supersoil potting soil. I did that on the 12th so 3 days ago.

any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

this first pic was taken right after my last failed cloning attempt (I think it failed due to a poor nutrioned mother.) this is on 12-26 it also shows my lights.

ill_mother_3.JPG

the next two I just took. i hope i can get some advice on this.

ill_mother_2.JPG

ill_mother.JPG

I looked really close on the underside of the leafs and sure enough there were the little red buggers. Not really any webs, but I did have some on my clones before I moved them to my flowering area on christmas day. I guess they stayed off the new young plants and moved back to the mother.

At this point, I'm not too worried about being all organic and I don't have a problem spraying. I have some Attain TR that I just used in both my veg and flower areas. I cut the stop off it so I can use it over again. I have a very small personal setup, so I didn't need the whole can.

I do want to be where I'm using all natural or organic gardening methods, but I'm still learning how to do it the easy way.

I hope you're right that it's not too late to save her.

How long does it usually take to see the plant start to recover from a mite infestation once it's taken care of?

is there any other advise that anyone can give me?

Spraying for mites,
you will want to treat every week or 2 for a month to two months.
Back off to every other week in the last month.

Never used Attain TR, does it say it kills eggs too?
If so you should be able to get away with only a couple applications.

The damaged leafs will never get better.
After transplant it may take a week or 2 for her to restart growth. worse case

You feeding her? what are you feeding?

Right now I'm not feeding, since the soil is fertilized. I'd like to start foliage feeding, however. I just don't know what to use. I don't have a hydro store close to me but I can get to one if I need to. Funds are limited for me right now so.....

the Attain TR says to reapply 1-3 times a week not within 48hours of each application for up to 2 weeks. This is some pretty potent chemical stuff. I don't think I'll be using it after this can is gone.

I really just want to be able to get one more good set of cuttings off her, then she's going back to the person I cut her from in May. He'll put her outside for the next outdoor season. I'm going to have access to several different types of plants grown from seed this year that I'll be able to take cuttings off of to make my mother plants so I don't want to limit myself to skunk 11.

Anything I learn about taking care of her, however, is experience for future grows. Always learning.

Get some Neem oil/conctrate and mix it with some fish emulsion and get after it.
She looks real hungry and since you can't see any mites could mean the yellowing is more from lack of N than mite damage.

What do you mean "the soil is fertilized."?
It's just fresh right?

Give it a dose of fish emulsion at one quarter strength.
But I bet full strength wouldn't hurt.

I DO have mites. You were dead on first off. maybe other issues too.

the soil is brand Supersoil. it says I don't have to fert for up to 90 days. I know I'll have to fert before that but I didn't want to over do it. So yeah again you're right fresh soil.

not sure if you're still suggesting to use the neem oil/fish emulsion since I do have mites.

thank you for all your help bro. It is much appreciated. Some of the people I have to go to for advise are very stubborn to their "old ways" and get really weird when it comes to talking about some stuff.

I've been putting off asking for help for a while. a little hesitant, so thank you.

make sure you spray up under the foliage and on top with the neem oil and fish emulsion as DaMagoMan said, if you got a gardening or hydro shop around you can get one of those slick lil spray bottles with the 360 degree nozzle which is pretty nifty so you don't have to worry about breaking branches trying to spray up under in the middle growth...

my first thought at the first pic was looks hungry my soil plants
in a small cab have a much darker healthy look i don't foliar feed
i use regular dirt compost and pearlite i make my own almost free veg ferts:
pee in a mason jar fill to half way with water put a lid on it and let it sit about a week dilute again to use i usually put
a fuull quart jar in a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with water if i am making up a big feeding [google urine as fertilizer] i adjust this receipe by taking vitamins and using the first brighter color pee after taking them and or adding compost tea and or lemon juice or citric acid

re mites neem oil and safers soap

re going organic good web site their paper catalog is a great reference with tables on OMRI and NATional organic
certifications on ferts and bug control chem

GROWORGANIC.COM peaceful valley farm supply organic farm supply place in cali

some midwestern place gardens alive also has a great catalog with good troublshooting pics for nute problems

when feeding you might try watering twice in a four hour period
first with a little plain water
then with your nutes later moist soil will retain more nutes with a better balance for absorbing them

Back
Top Bottom