Slow Growth In Coco Coir Outdoors & Leaves Curling?

ChalupaBatman

420 Member
I've grown before in coco coir indoors, but now trying outdoors. Unfortunately it's been trickier than before. I've had a few seedlings die on me from dampening off and the 3 remaining seem to be having issues. It seems to me I am experiencing slow growth and leaves refusing to truly open. I am unsure what might be the issue. Here are my stats:

Medium: Coco Coir Buffered in Calcium Magnesium 70/30 coco/perlite
Runoff pH: 6.58
PPM of runoff: 200
Date planted: 5/7
Seeds were germinated using paper towel
Pot: 5 gallon black plastic pot
Nutes: None yet (pusher leaves are still on)
Watering schedule: once in the morning and once in the evening-I've cut down to once a day since i noticed that the coco is still damp and seedlings shouldnt get that much water from what I have read.
Light: near direct sunlight from 8am - 7pm and then they go in an outdoor clear tent where they get some natural light and then darkness from the night.

I uploaded some pics of the mango kush photo and white widow auto. Both seems to just be growing slowly. Anything I should be worrying about here? Appreciate the help guys!

MANGO KUSH
20210518_155009.jpg

WHITE WIDOW
20210518_155229.jpg

damping off is usually the grow surface being to wet, are you covering the seedlings with make shift domes as well ??
is it colder outside than inside ?? the seedling will slow down in colder weather and need even less water.

i'd be tempted to do seedlings in smaller containers to start and water once a day to every other day. roots need oxygen to much water no oxygen gets to roots.

good luck mate!

You know that coco is inert, there are zero nutrients in coco to sustain a plant, she’s gonna use up all the energy stored in those cotyledons pretty fast.

Runoff numbers are one thing and I know a lot of coco growers look at that but consider that runoff contains chemical salts from residual nutes plus any fine bits of sediment that comes out in the wash - so runoff is an inflated number by design. I understand you haven’t given NPK nutes yet but the cal-mag buffer is impacting the runoff numbers.

What’s the ph of your soup right before you feed the plant?

Might be wise to move indoors / stabile enviro until you have about 5 nodes worth of well growing plant and then work to harden it off for outdoors.

don’t think its wise to transplant that auto, they can stunt or flip out if you move the rug

Back
Top Bottom