Mango Kush Photoperiod - Slow Growth

ChalupaBatman

420 Member
I am currently growing a Mango Kush from seed and I am having some issues with slow growth. I grew the plant indoors for the first month and then moved her outdoors as I want to test outdoor growing in coco. Since I have moved her outdoors I've noticed light discoloration, a curling of the leaves up as if praying and slow growth. I am in New York and this summer we have been receiving inconsistent weather with some really hot days and a lot of rain so I am wondering if that might be playing a role. Not sure if someone has an idea what might be going on. Here are my stats:

Planted: 5/27
Soil: coco coir 70/30 perlite mix
Nutrients: full strength veg powder solution dissolved in water and phd to 6.0
Light Distance: outdoors, near direct sun
watering schedule: generally watered once a day with nutes

pray1.jpeg

pray2.jpeg

Plants will go into shock when they first come outside if not given a "hardening off"period. I always see the praying upward leaves as a sign of a very happy plant loving being in the sun. Give her time. She looks good

I am currently growing a Mango Kush from seed and I am having some issues with slow growth. I grew the plant indoors for the first month and then moved her outdoors as I want to test outdoor growing in coco. Since I have moved her outdoors I've noticed light discoloration, a curling of the leaves up as if praying and slow growth. I am in New York and this summer we have been receiving inconsistent weather with some really hot days and a lot of rain so I am wondering if that might be playing a role. Not sure if someone has an idea what might be going on. Here are my stats:

Planted: 5/27
Soil: coco coir 70/30 perlite mix
Nutrients: full strength veg powder solution dissolved in water and phd to 6.0
Light Distance: outdoors, near direct sun
watering schedule: generally watered once a day with nutes

pray1.jpeg

pray2.jpeg
Hello @ChalupaBatman cute girl.
Coco takes a little extra effort outside in the heat.
Drop your ph down to 5.8
And you have to water her every day with nutrients.
Twice a day on really hot days.
Soak that pot until you get runoff.
You could probably use a root health product aswell.
Something to get microbes going around the roots .
To help keep them alive and healthy.
If you can I would change those plastic pots for bigger cloth bags.
Bigger pots will hold more water.
I find plastic pots sitting out in the sun just absorb too much heat and become an oven for roots.
Keep up the good work my friend.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom