Smoking While Pregnant

I myself am against any substances except vitamins while pregnant. While I am a staunch supporter of Cannabis this is a common sense issue. In a world where we can not obtain a decent paying job without a college degree and hard work in school why take the chance hurting your child for selfish pleasure. While I do not know personally of children being hurt by Marijuana use while in the womb I am 420% positive smoking of any sort can lead to asthma, low birth weight, pulmonary disease and a host of secondary problems. As the father of Four children aged 18 to 8 years I have spent time in Neo Natal Intensive Care and seen babies who were given a death sentence by selfish mothers who could not abstain from drug use for a lousy 9 months. My girlfriend has worked in The Women and Infants Hospital her in RI for 15years and as a parent and healthcare provider to pregnant moms she could quote many facts and figures to back up what I say. It is my opinion you should work assiduously to insure your child has every chance available at good health in the womb because the world is a tough place that has little patience for those who struggle behind the pack. If you get Pregnant again please do not use any drugs at all unless prescribed by your Dr. If the MMJ was so helpful to you and there was no other option I am sure your Dr would have told you to smoke lots of Marijuana but he did not. As all but people living on the moon know that second hand smoke kills, smoking while pregnant is also bad, drugs hurt babies while in the womb, and Marijuana is a Controlled Substance as much as we may not want it to be. Use your head for something other than a hat rack, would you smoke a joint with your newborn now? Maybe the baby would like some Bubba Kush, NOT!! Do you understand the problem, and do you care about anything, other than getting high, or getting caught, as you so eloquently stated?
I am not trying to be mean but am thinking of the millions of readers who may read this and think it OK to smoke Marijuana while pregnant thinking there are NO risks. Never mind the shitty face you are putting on all MMJ users by smoking MMJ while Pregnant. Maybe nobody yet has told you this is wrong but I will stand up for the unborn and newborn children everywhere. DO NOT USE MARIJUANA WHILE PREGNANT Unless directed by a Dr., do not take any Controlled Substances while Pregnant unless directed by your physician. If you got caught you would have said goodbye to your child, and maybe permanently. The Government in many states would have locked you in Prison and adopted your child out to some family that only wanted a government subsidy. Is that worth it? Your husband would not be allowed either as he (in the Court's eyes did know or should have known of the danger) you posed to your child by breaking the law and smoking Marijuana while pregnant. Think about it would you smoke a cigarette with your baby or offer her some Jack Daniels, OC, or Jack Herer? I know Cannabis is not opiod painkillers or alcohol but is it really worth the danger to your child's health? Yes she is hopefully OK now but God forbid if there were birth defects or worse how could you ever forgive yourself? Take the time to think before you potentially hurt your child. If you made such bad decisions while pregnant are you sure you can protect your child from future selfishness where she may be in danger? All rhetorical questions but as you see you opened the door and will get NO sympathy from me at all. You did the wrong thing by your child no matter what your problem. If you were so ill during your pregnancy that it caused you to use Marijuana why did you get pregnant at that time? Why not wait until you were in good health? If you became so ill you needed help while pregnant thats what a hospital is for. Your Baby's health and welfare are the only concern when you are Pregnant or with children, if not do not burden yourself with the joy of parenthood.
Millions of people quit smoking Marijuana daily for simple jobs like driving a truck or working as a janitor but you could not for the biggest event in your life?
What is written here millions of readers see worldwide so is this the face of Medical Marijuana Patients we want to showcase, NOT. I truly wish your baby good health and safety, I am not a negative person but this post made me want to vomit. I myself have not always made the right decisions regarding my children but I would not even consider giving them drugs of any kind unless prescribed by a legitimate Obstetrician or Pediatrician who was board certified. If you get pregnant again please do not smoke while pregnant. I do not believe they drug tested your child's meconium as if they did you would not have your child and would be in Family Court trying to tell a Judge what you did was OK. Hey and you could always say "my friends told me to" that works better than a Dr's script, just ask the pharmacist when trying to obtain any Sch II drugs or even Penicillin. You have made a mistake so learn from it and try to help your child better in the future. I am all for Marijuana as long as it does not cause harm to children and it has been proven to harm children albeit not like heroin but harm is harm.
God Bless your Baby and I will pray for you:Namaste:
Be vigilant as children of parents who smoke have more ear infections, respiratory infections, asthma, bronchitis and a whole host of secondary problems. It would also help if you did not smoke near, or have any Marijuana accessible to the child because kids are kids and can get hurt quickly.
BTW: It is illegal to drive a car, or operate heavy equipment, trains, busses, while using Marijuana so do you think it OK to smoke while pregnant. Another fact should you doubt the voracity of the meconium test. Meconium is in your child's first stool and is the proof you acted illegally and in bad faith while pregnant. Meconium holds THC residue for at least a month, cocaine for weeks, and all other substances that prove you acted illegally while pregnant. What happened is they tested your urine and nothing showed up so they did not test your child's stool or you would be singing a different tune. In Maine even those in treatment for opiod dependence or even on a legit prescription of Methadone for pain, not addiction, and under a Dr's care who authorized the Methadone lose their children permanently and are charged in criminal and family court if the mother or baby tests positive for the prescribed painkiller.

Back
Top Bottom