Pregnant

What is your view: okay to toke while pregnant?

• Hell no!!!!!

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Sneak a toke here and there.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Okay if doctor is aware and permits.

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Everyday!!!!!

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Smoke the odd bowl on special occasions, but cut waaaay back, that would be my adivce to you. I tend to think all the warning not to smoke MJ during pregnancy are overblown, because pot's still illegal and still one of the "bad drugs", but I wouldn't risk it personally. Your baby could come out already being a stoner - then it'll eat like four times more food and stuff...

Gorillabuds, just palying devils advocate here, but what documented scientific evidence have you personaly seen that suggests marijuana smoking may harm an unborn fetus?
-PM

I would take a guess that since the THC present in the developing brain would cause some sort of drastic up or downregulation of the receptors on the neurons. This could be good, bad or somehwere inbetween. But whatever it is the brain and nervous system will function differently then if there had been no THC present. The effects on the baby would be very dependant on dosage and frequency of use. Low dose,one hit, infrequent, once a month, use would probably have minimal effect. But on the other hand a blunt an hour every day well, your kids gonna come out high and with some sort of receptor issues.

Talk with your doctor about your personal smoking and issuses related to that and take an acceptable risk.

A side note, I know everyone wishes their child will cure cancer or something but the reality of the world is we need people working fast food, and video stores and retail. Knowledgeable people with experience are much better salespeople and help the customers better. Are most parents happy with their child working a non glamoreous honest job? Almost a whole other poll thread so this should probably just be ignored.

I'm seeing a lot of negative posts like it's common knowledge that smoking pot causes brain damage in babies. I'm really curious now as to if any evidence exists suggesting that, specificaly, ingestiong and/or smoking of marijauna is damaging to a fetus.
-PM

I had wonderful pregnancies (with a little thc) and I now have wonderful children. My husband winks at me everytime the dr. says "keep doing whatever you do, because your children are wonderful, healthy, wise, and strong!" There is little evidence because it would be difficult to justify funding to study pregnant women who take thc. Could you imagine sending in that request? ha ha. There are too many legal reasons and negative attitudes about marijuana to find a study like that.

My friend was pregnant and said that she shouldn't smoke at all but you are better off smoking pot than cigs while pregnant. don't think you should put anything bad into your body while pregnant.

Why take the risk? Sure plenty of babies turn out fine, smoking when pregnant does not mean your baby will be harmed but it can be, and the risks of complications increase, just because someone elses kid was fine doesn't mean it is fine for everyone.

If your happy to take the risk I'd call that pretty selfish, just wait until after the birth, it must be a scary thought having a kid in the first place, why add any more anxiety by wondering whether your toking will affect your kid?

But congratulations and I hope your kid is nice and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom