Pregnancy update

Sweet chick8

this is juyst an update on how my pregnancy is going, since my last topic got closed.

I understand what the consequences of having a child are, but i also agree with TokinPunk no one is ever ready, thats what i keep getting told. And with chico i think said it if u want to have sex you have to deal with the consequences. As for the serious issues i understand this is a life long commitment and that i am going to have to make a lot of sacrafices. My bf and i are willing to put this child first and do everything possible for it to grow up in a loving, nurturing environment. We have plenty of family support from both sides, plus extended family. It not impossible to do this, as it has been done before, although it is a lot of work and i now have to take the hard way to reach my dreams. Finacially- Money is not really an issue i will be able to afford the neccessities, but i mean i doubt my child will care if he/she doesnt have the most expensive toys and clothes. I know people who have planned to have kids and make less than my bf. Eduactionally- i have gone further than both my parents and my bf parents went in school and they raised kids all right. i plan to finnish my last year of school while i am pregnant and im the top of all my classes so i still should do alright and get high enough marks to get into uni when im ready to go. As for life experience i admit i am lacking in that department, however this in itself is an experience which i can learn from and hopefully benefit my kids. I can say i've been there done that. Yes i would have rathered to plan my kids after i been to uni and have money in the bank, but thats not how it happened im pregnant now.

My bf and i had disscussed what we would do if i got pregnant, we would keep it, but it different when it happens. Although after much consideration, questioning and talking to people we feel this is this the best decision.

As for drugs and stuff. pot and cigarettes were all i was ever on and the occasional drink, but thats all gone now. I haven't had any pot or cigs for over a week now. My bf still smokes cigs but has also given up pot as we decided we don't want our child growing up in that environment. His parents smoked and his childhood was full of fighting becuase of it and they never had much money cause it all went to the drugs. We gave our glass bong away,threw out our bowl, pulled out our plants and what we used to put away for pot is being put in the bank for our baby.

I went to a family reunion on the weekend and my cousin gave me our first piece of baby clothing.

Thanx to all who are supporting. Sry i dont mean to start this debate again.

as a child who was born W/ drugs in his system and the victim of a broken home (divorced 'rents) i have to thank you - for doing your best to not put your child through what i went through -
you are in no way at fault for your decision to quit, and therefore carry no reason to apologize
as my good buddy KP put it :remember your extended family is here:

Good luck, it sucks that you are giving up pot just like that forever...
I don't think i would do that... but seeing the situation you are in, i guess it is a good choice.
I guess in my plan, (like most peoples plan) i will be having kids when i'm married with money in the bank... and in my mind i'm still smoking...
In fact, i sometimes think about what i would do when (inevitably) i find out my kid is smoking...
I imagine finding his piece... leaving him a note saying "come into the basement" where i will be waiting with his piece fully packed with a bowl of chronic...
lol...
but yea... again... good luck, i hope you don't stop visiting the boards, aussies are cool....

That's cool though sweetchick. You make choices and you live with those choices forever. It isnt too bad, the consequencs, like, no being able to smoke and all. You definetly are handling it like an adult. Are you an adult? Well, good luck to you and your family! My next bowl which i am packing right.....now.....will be partly for you and partly for Johnny Carson, and many other people! PEACE

i know this will sound corny, but think of it as the chance to give a great gift to the world by raising an intelligent, good natured person full of love, who will then spread that wherever he/she goes, i know it sounds corny, but it's real, cuz if you raise a hating little kid, it'll fuck the world up that much more.

Sweet chick8 said:
Finacially- Money is not really an issue i will be able to afford the neccessities, but i mean i doubt my child will care if he/she doesnt have the most expensive toys and clothes. I know people who have planned to have kids and make less than my bf. ...
Thanx to all who are supporting....

sigh. i'm not saying the following things will happen, just quoting statistics:

1) probably, you will break up with your boyfriend;
2) probably, neither of you will complete your education(s);
3) probably, you will need government assistance to raise your child (that means a whole lot of people you don't know will be paying for you and your kid...their money will be taken from them as "taxes" even tho it's really "child support");
4) probably, you will both spend your lives as low wage earners, never paying back to society what you have taken.

I did not want to write that, but it does reflect the reality of teen pregnancy and child rearing. Your chances of succeeding in even half of the things you are hoping for are poor.

On the bright side, a small number of teens actually beat the odds. They fully recover from the interruption of child rearing and excel just as much as people who wait until after their education to have children. They never need public support, fully pay all the costs, never break up or divorce, etc. Of course, that's just a few lucky ones.

So I wish you the best, even in the face of the long odds...this was your decision to make.

damn go live to denmark lol... I got a friend there who got married he's just 18... just for living with hist wife he gets paid ¬¬
and flashfyre damn that was harsh, i have a friend he's 32 of but he's got a baby and he's so happy, not married but living with his gf, and the kid has rathe rmotivated himself. sweetchick looks motivated and ready, she can make it! b strong!

goldchico said:
wow, don't be an asshole or anything when she's looking for support

if someone needs support they should go to a support group, or to the people they are in love with. they will give them the reassurance they need.

if they post in an open anonymous netgroup they will get honesty from me...think about it...the OP is not my friend or anyone i know, it could be an old geezer laughing his ass off.

i think my post ended on a hopeful note, and maybe there is a chance she will get off that cloud of having the most wonderful baby in the world, which is pretty much how every teenage girl thinks about their sperm/egg combo, and start thinking through the potentially harsh realities before they happen.

if that make me an asshole, well, I POOP ON IT...at least i told the fucking truth.

Back
Top Bottom