bobvilla

I was trying to supercrop and I think I went too far (though based on videos I don't see how that's possible). I squeezed and twisted like suggested, but instead of just injuring the inside of the stems, the stems split and the chlorophyl, etc started oozing out. This happend with 3 or 4 of them. I should have noticed after the first one, but I figured that just meant they would grow back even stronger.

It's been a week and while the leaves still look really healthy and green (no curling or anything), you can still see through where the stems were split. I don't have a camera on me, but the best way to describe it is if you took a razor and made a slit through the stem to where you could see through it (about a millimeter long gash all the way through the stem, travelling vertically up the stem, not across it). I thought after a week, it would heal, but it hasn't.

Now here is why I am concerned. I don't think the nutrients are travelling through the stems correctly. Reason being, the stems are now turning reddish purple. I'm guessing the fan leaves on those stems will start being effected now.

Not sure what to do. I wanted to let mother nature take her course, but now I'm thinking maybe I should patch the gash with some tape.

what is cloning gel? Where might I get some? And what do I wrap it with? The reddish purple is from that point in the stem out to the leaf. The part of the stem going to the stalk is still green.

Split the stem like in this picture >??
12-08-08_157.JPG

It will grow stronger as long as didnt snap all the way thru(in half)

I had light fall and snap plant top off ,,wound up a male here is pic
01817.JPG

Looks like center was infected or sick ,but grew healthy

Cloning gel you can pick up at any gardening center even lowes or ace. It should be fine. Plants are very resillient and it will grow back. The purpleness will affect your plants a little bit (it affected mine) but it should return to normal. Try not to let it spread to your leaves. Oh and you might want to back up on nutes for a little bit because since your stem is split and not as efficient to pushing it up to the top canopy where the most light is for optimum photosynthesis to occur, it may not absorb nutrients as efficiently and in turn hold the nutrients in the lower area and affect the leaves and burn your plant. (I had this problem) Otherwise, dont worry, you'll be fine!

Back
Top Bottom