Sniffing Dogs

Snowrider

Hey guys
I just wanted to ask a question about dogs that are brought in to find weed. Are there any common materials or items that can prevent them from smelling it, or disguise the smell? Just wanted to pick up any info you guys had on the subject. Thanks in advance.

Within last 5 years K-9 units have been not only to detect drugs but to detect coffee as well. I've been told to put it in a little tupperware container inside a large ziplock bag surrounded by lemon juice and that will do the trick. I don't know for sure cause I've never tried it but I do know that they are now training the dogs to smell for coffee because that is the chief way to transport coke. HEHEHEHEHEHE I said CHIEF

I just thought of something. Why doesn't someone train their dog to sniff for drugs? Then you could find ways around it without the risk. I know how they train them. We have the kenal down the street that trains the police dogs around here. I watch the police take dogs up there all the time. Even know some people that work there. To bad my german shepard died.

dont quote me but a dogs sense of smell,is about 20 times stronger than humans. now with that being said where there is a will there is always a way, I have heard of some people using turkey bags but a lot of care needs to be put into the packing so you dont contaminate it.

put it in a big bag of dog food. Cops are always hungry, so are there dogs. Get yourself a dog, big mean dog. Train him to piss off the cop dog. Then say the dogs be talking.

LeConte said:
put it in a big bag of dog food. Cops are always hungry, so are there dogs. Get yourself a dog, big mean dog. Train him to piss off the cop dog. Then say the dogs be talking.

BRILLIANT!

It's damn near impossible to hide the smell of narcotics to a drug dog. Consider this: Dogs have about 25 times more olfactory (smell) receptors than humans do. Thus said a dog can detect odour concentrations somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1 million times less then a human can which is why they are so good at finding things by nose. One thing to remember is that say you hide some weed in your car and get pulled over by a cop who calls in a narc dog. The smell of the weed even if you can smell it has had time to permeate in the area where you hid it. Basically the longer it's been stashed in it's place, the longer the smell has had to permeate out of the container thus making it easier for the dog to detect. My company has several drug dogs and during training all they need is a piece of cloth that has been in contact with the substance for less then 5 mins and they are able to detect it no problem, even hours after it has been stashed away. Really the only way is to disable the main tool a dog uses: his nose. One thing I been meaning to try out and maybe will just for the hell of it is to put somthing like pepper in the typical areas where the dog will search before hopefully the area where you stashed your grass. Thus iritating the dogs nose to the point he cant stop sneezing and not causing any permanent harm to the dog. Or maybe you could luck out and that peticular dog might have a really bad head cold.

What about those machines that seal bags air tight? Y'know? Like, they suck all of the air out of the bag so the food doesn't go bad, could you put herb in there? cus it's supposed to be airtight because it sucks all the air out..

Does anyone know what I'm talking about because I always thought it'd be a good idea.

Also, could you like have a huge thing of dog food like, in the opposite end of the car that the weeds in?

Say you have it in the glove box, put a thing of dog food in the trunk and it could drive the dog crazy and it'd ingore the smell coming from the glove box?

Or would this not work?

Are you talking about those machines they sell as seen on tv late at night those look like they would be what ya want? thats a really good Idea I like the dog food thing to.

Yea Ive seen my grandma use those it sucks the air out of it completely then seals it airtight and it casn last for like ever the food, And maybe even weed!

Prob that in a bag of sealed dogfood lol.

I saw a show today. I think it was Ripley's believe it or not. This dog was trained to snif out a certain type of cancer in people.

When I get a Dog I'm going to train it to smell buds then I can chill with the tokers in my town lol.

Vacuum sealers are somewhat effective but they are not a totally fool proof solution. You have to remember that plastic is not totally solid. At a microscopic level there are still holes (or pores if you will) and the smell can still get out of. A human might not be able to smell through it but a dog can seeing they are way more sensitive. Only reason that plastic is good for so many things is that the pores are small enough that the majority of air molecule or water molecules are too big to fit through the pores in the plastic.

Back
Top Bottom